Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ramy4190 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2013, 05:10 AM
    How to get an immigration to Canada/Australia?
    Hey, I'm from Lebanon and I want to take a Canadian/ Australian nationality but I don't have money to do so.

I'm 17, going to uni next year. I'm trying my best to take a scholarship to some college somewhere out of Lebanon. I hate my country a lot it's so ugly, with ugly people, with their ugly personality and I want more for myself and I have big dreams.

I heard of something that people can adopt me. I live at their house with their money, they take care of me and pay for my college. I wanted to be the 1st in Lebanon in IT (information technology) in my elementary school but my teacher said that they don't give scholarships for uni now, I have to finish uni here then go there with a scholarship, if I get one. So I think all I have now is to get adopted.

Any idea is appreciated and how can I meet a family out there? Thanks
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Apr 16, 2013, 06:00 AM
    People who adopt are generally looking for an infant or small child they can raise, not an adult or near-adult who is just going to use their money and home.

You need to study hard, go to uni there, and hope for a scholarship to the United States when you are at that point. Give up now on the idea of an adoption.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 16, 2013, 07:11 AM
    There is no way a student without money or connections can immigrate to either Canada or Australia. Your best bet is to get the best education you can where you are?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 16, 2013, 07:30 AM
    Adoption is not what you are looking for but visiting or contacting the EMBASSIES of other countries, in your own county will at least give you knowledge of what's available to you as an foreign exchange student to another country. Chances are the embassy's you have in your country will have in writing the requirements for any programs they have so you can apply, if qualified. That's where you start, by getting the facts to make a proper plan.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 16, 2013, 07:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Adoption is not what you are looking for but visiting or contacting the EMBASSIES of other countries, in your own county will at least give you knowledge of what's available to you as an foreign exchange student to another country. Chances are the embassy's you have in your country will have in writing the requirements for any programs they have so you can apply, if qualified. That's where you start, by getting the facts to make a proper plan.
    Student visas cost money and are not guaranteed entry even after getting them.and unfortunately Canada is not that easy to get into now. Don't know about Australia.

One has to prove they are supported financially; must live and work on campus, etc. so there are many restrictions to overcome, but yes, he can investigate his options.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Immigration australia new rules 2010 [ 3 Answers ]

What are the new rules apply in australia ?

Immigration Australia#Q Immigration Australia? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been told that new immigrants to Australia receive a large grant to help them settle in here. Is this correct? How much is the grant?

Australia Skill worker immigration [ 1 Answers ]

What are the chances for a person to apply for a immigration Australia, who is having a 4 plus years of working experience as a PHP developer and having a BS 4 years degree in Pakistan. What is the official immigration Fee for Australia Independent Skill Worker application?

View more questions Search