Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    greyproc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2013, 01:14 AM
    How are capital contributions affected...
    I can't seem to find an answer (or a proper way of asking Google) this:

If there's a company with two partners, one who has invested [x] capital, and the other who has invested sweat equity, and takes out a guaranteed payment basically in the sum of capital (and the business in question provides services, from which there is slight, increasing profit, but not remotely enough to cover expenses), then how is this tracked?

Ie, capital contributions shouldn't change sans a partner draw, so where is the equity account that increases or decreases based on profit/loss? I'm trying to do the books correctly (at a beginner level) and understand how to balance the equation when expenses are larger than profit; the invested capital should never decrease (right?) so, how do I both track Partner's A contributions AND balance the equation? Thanks!

Check out some similar questions!

Paid in capital versus earned capital [ 1 Answers ]

Why is it important to keep paid in capital separate from earned capital?

Capital Budgeting. Cost of Capital. Cash Flow NPV [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, This is really URGENT!! NEEDED BY THURSDAY NOON I tried to do this myself but just couldn’t find where to start. Any help would be very much appreciated. CAPITAL BUDGETING TECHNIQUES. This question is based on a case study in Fundamentals of corporate finance 4ed. Ross,...

Importance of keeping paid in capital separate from earned capital [ 2 Answers ]

In all of the reading I've done, it has described what paid in capital is and what earned capital is. However, I can't seem to find anything specific about why it is important to keep them separate. My guess it that Paid in Capital is money that is used in the operations of the business and are to...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.