Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    debcarling69 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2013, 09:49 PM
    Hair Follicle Drug Testing in Premature Infant
    My Granddaughter tested positive for Meth in a hair follicle test by a hospital for DCFS. The other two children were negative as well as the parents. This is just absolutely impossible she was born premature and spent almost five months in the hospital on breathing machines where she received breathing (186 pages of) medications daily and came home on oxygen as well. She is only twelve pounds now and barely her hair has grown and she has never had a haircut. Her parents are not drug users and the DCFS will not believe its possible for my granddaughter to be positive for meth for any other reason than meth even though we were told by nurses that it is possible these chemicals could still be leaving her system and that fact that she is growing so slow this could take a long time.. My question is basically is it possible with all these circumstances that the text could have given a false positive result and I need good documentation on this? Thank You for your time!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 15, 2013, 10:02 PM
    You're going to need a list of medications that were given to the baby while she was in the hospital, and then research every one. As is, there's really no way to tell you what's going on based on your post.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 15, 2013, 10:06 PM
    Out of curiosity, why was the infant tested in the first place? There had to be some reason for the testing. DCFS doesn't test every baby just because they want to. There has to be a prior history or a revelation of the patient/mother, or a report by a person anonymously.

How did DCFS become involved in the first place?

Apr 15, 2013, 10:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Out of curiosity, why was the infant tested in the first place? There had to be some reason for the testing. DCFS doesn't test every baby just because they want to. There has to be a prior history or a revelation of the patient/mother, or a report by a person anonymously.

How did DCFS become involved in the first place?
    DCFS is involved because my son and his new wife were given temp custody of his oldest son who was taking from the mother due to her drug use, I believe she made an anonymous call to them as a last ditch effort to retain hope of getting her son back, we have got the records from the hospital on all the drugs administered to the baby during her stay there is several especially dopamine and epinephrine daily for three months among many other broncho stimulators to help her breath while on the machines and also anesthesias for sedation.

Apr 15, 2013, 10:55 PM
    Also, no one else including the other children were positive for anything! DCFS always acts first asks later that is how they work.. The biological mother was turned in several times by several different people for over four years and nothing was done until police showed up in her home one day that my grandson was locked out of his house while she was collapsed again on the floor with several pills around her on the carpet and they are actually working to put him back in that home, the story is extremely long but that sort of tells the background of how DCFS became in the picture

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair follicle testing [ 3 Answers ]

If I stopped smoking marijuana on sept 16th and will be tested Dec 13th will I pass my test

Hair follicle drug testing [ 3 Answers ]

Can a 12 panel hair drug test differentiate between hydro codone and hydromorphone if hydrocodone is already depostited in hair ?

Hair follicle drug testing [ 4 Answers ]

Even though I use marijuana is it true I can quit and use products like aloe rid and ultra cleanse to pass a hair follicle drug test?

Drug Testing Hair Follicle [ 1 Answers ]

I recently took a pre employment drug test for a major company.Their method of drug Testing was both specimen and hair follicle.I know that hair follicle testing is more percise And can go as far back as a year.I took two small tokes off a joint back three months Ago.And another couple of tokes...

Hair follicle testing [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone one know of a web site or company that sells hair follicle collection kits that will cover synthetic opiates? I'm looking to identify Nubain on a hair follicle screen, I don't think it can be identified by name, but it would be covered by a test that covered synthetic opiates. Thank...

View more questions Search