Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cleanlink Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2013, 07:56 PM
    How do I price a construction clean up job
    My husband and I own a commercial cleaning service. We have been doing general cleaning for years but recently have the opportunity to bid on a construction clean up job with the following general specs:

1) Clean exposed interior hard-surfaced finishes to a dirt-free condition, free of stains, films, and similar foreign substances. Avoid disturbing natural weathering of exterior surfaces. Restore reflective surfaces to their original condition.

2) Remove debris and surface dust from limited access spaces, including roofs, plenums, shafts, trenches, equipment vaults, manholes, attics, and similar spaces.

3) Sweep concrete floors broom clean in unoccupied spaces.

4) Vacuum carpet and similar soft surfaces, removing debris and excess nap; shampoo if visible soil or stains remain.

5) Clean transparent materials, including mirrors and glass in doors and windows. Remove glazing compounds and other noticeable, vision-obscuring materials. Replace chipped or broken glass and other damaged transparent materials. Polish mirrors and glass, taking care not to scratch surfaces.

6) Remove labels that are not permanent.

7) Wipe surfaces of mechanical and electrical equipment, elevator equipment, and similar equipment.

8) Clean plumbing fixtures to a sanitary condition, free of stains, including stains resulting from water exposure.

We have all of the basic cleaning equipment needed (mops, brooms, vacuums, barrels, etc) but not the specialized equipment (such as scissor lift) and am not sure if one is needed.

The building is 32,000 sq ft, 3 stories. How much should we charge per sq ft for this job? Thanks!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Apr 15, 2013, 09:30 PM
    HI Cleanlink,

A few things concern me:

'Replace chipped or broken glass and other damaged transparent materials. Polish mirrors and glass, taking care not to scratch surfaces.'

What exactly does this mean? Do you have to replace anything that may be costly? If so, how do you cover this in your bid?

'Remove debris and surface dust from limited access spaces, including roofs, plenums, shafts, trenches, equipment vaults, manholes, attics, and similar spaces.'

How high is this? If scissors are needed I would add this in you bid as an 'additional charge if needed.'

There are variances in local pricing and things that I may not be aware of however in my area (Chicago) I would charge somewhere in the neighborhood of $0.27 to $0.32 / sq ft.

This does not include the scissors, if needed I would check on renting them. Then add maybe 10 - 15% to the cost.

Remember that in the end pricing is always your decision.

Good luck, please keep me posted.

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Figuring out a bidding price for new construction clean-up jobs. [ 10 Answers ]

How do I go about formulating a price to bid for a new construction cleanup job? Make-ready service

What is the going price per sqft in Texas for new construction clean up? [ 1 Answers ]

Starting a new business and having a hard time finding any information on how to bid jobs. We already have our business license, insurance and bond and are ready to go. We are located in Dallas TX. Thank you, P and L Cleaning

What is the going price per sqft of house new construction clean up inside only [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know the bidding price for new construction cleanup on houses. This is for Michigan. This is just the inside not including ductwork. Includes everything else. I here a lot of prices from everywhere else and it just seems to low. Please help and give me and idea of what contractors...

How to price a construction clean up [ 1 Answers ]

What is going rate per square feet, for commercial construction clean up. Three cleans. Pre, pre final and final clean. In el paso Texas

Construction job clean-up [ 13 Answers ]

Hello, eveyone I have just been award the cleanup job for a dunkin donuts, however I have not clue how to charge this job. I've been in the cleaning business for several years now. I normally clean rental, domestic properties and construction houses. Since God has moved the guys I work for in...

View more questions Search