Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    honch69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2013, 07:34 AM
    How to find someone who is trying to hide
    I went through a tough divorce last year.. lost pretty much everything. 401k money, house, had to sell all my jewelry, antiques anything I could just to keep us a float due to him not wanting to work and finally I had to get get enough money from what was left to get from NV to AZ to move in with my kids.

Long story short.. even though he did not have a job and my kids would have helped me keep the truck and save our credit on at least that debt.. HE KEPT IT, with the promise to pay.. LOL HA

Now he is gone... tracked to Prescott... where he did re reg.the truck but Dmv verified no proof of insurance so suspended registration..

Investigator for repo company does not have anything pop on his SS# and does not even know where to go from here...

ANY HELP??

THANKS
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2013, 07:41 AM
    Its likely to get expensive... and if he is any good at hiding... and really trying to hide... you may never find him.

Not saying it can't be done... just that its possibly going to be difficult or even impossible... not to mention expensive if he is actually trying to hide.

He could be working for cash under the table... not have a bank account... and rent a place either through someone else... or under a false ID... you would find him if he screws up.. or isn't actually trying to hide, and just moved someplace far away.

You would actually need to hire and pay a private investigator... without a guarantee of results. THey have far greateer access to data and contacts of people who do as well that you or I don't. As well as experience looking which is very valuable.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Apr 15, 2013, 11:33 AM
    Are you saying that the truck loan is still in your name? If he got the truck in the divorce the loan should heve been transferred to him or paid off as part of the divorce settlement. If the loan is not in your name then it's really not your problem any more.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2013, 01:14 PM
    Here is how it works in NY - the Court cannot order a change in who is responsible for the loan. If you signed the loan, you are responsible whether he agreed to pay it.

The only way to get out from under the debt is for him to refinance.

If you are the cosigner and he defaults you are responsible

The Court cannot change the terms of a loan/legal document.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to hide my password [ 1 Answers ]

How do I hide my password when I log on its always there please help

Hide about non virginity [ 1 Answers ]

I lost my virginity before 1 month with boyfriend, nw after 1 month I'm getting married with other guy, hw cn I hide about my non virginity, and what cn I do for not getting doubt on me.. please please please, help me.

How do I hide caller id on my route ?means I need to know how do I hide CLI? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I hide caller id on my route? means I need to know how do I hide CLI? :);)how do I hide caller id use any tool on my swich.

Need to hide the imperfections [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I moved a wall over 2 1/2" to make room for a large refreg. Now I can't get the dry wall to look smooth again .can you help me?

Did she hide something? [ 8 Answers ]

Hey all, thanks for the advice over the past day or so, anways I'll keep it simple LOL. My girlfriend went out to hang with her friend this evening. Her friend has two kids and doesn't get to go out much at all. That's cool with me of course as I respect freedom. Anyway, later at night, we spoke...

View more questions Search