Ask
    ritaferguson Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2013, 03:14 PM
    What happens to people that never hears about god
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 14, 2013, 03:39 PM
    Of 6 billion people in the world, there might be a tiny handful of jungle tribes that haven't 'heard about god,' but even they probably have a god or gods they believe in.
    Are you worried? Don't be. All the religions of the world allow for innocence.
    Zea Posts: 217, Reputation: 19

Apr 14, 2013, 03:57 PM
    There are many, Gods, (Each religion is centralized around a single God or many Gods) I don't know to whom you are referring. If someone does not hear about, God, any God, than it depends on what your religion says about them. For example, Christians believe that people who don't worship, God, go to hell. That is just what they believe, and each religion has their own believes also.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 14, 2013, 04:02 PM
    Whose God? There are many different beliefs, and many different Gods. Which God are you referring to?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 14, 2013, 04:08 PM
    "Christians believe that people who don't worship, God, go to hell."

Zea, countless Christians don't believe that at all.

Apr 14, 2013, 04:20 PM
    Joy, you are right not all of them believe in hell.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Apr 14, 2013, 04:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Zea View Post
    Joy, you are right not all of them believe in hell.
    It's not an issue of believing in Hell. It is however, not such a black and white issue of worshiping God or not. Those that actually have heard the Gospel of Christ are going to be held to a higher standard than those who have no. God (the Christian one) is a just and merciful God. He's not going to "roll some heads" just because they never heard of Him.

Apr 14, 2013, 08:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hauntinghelper View Post
    It's not an issue of believing in Hell. It is however, not such a black and white issue of worshiping God or not. Those that actually have heard the Gospel of Christ are going to be held to a higher standard than those who have no. God (the Christian one) is a just and merciful God. He's not going to "roll some heads" just because they never heard of Him.
    "He's not going to 'roll some heads' just because they never heard of Him."

No one knows how, God, decides who's life to spare or not. This is what you believe.

'It's not an issue of believing in Hell.'

That is your opinion. Some people might agree with you, but not all. When it comes to this topic we (commenters) are not going to agree on a single opinion in this subject. It really does not matter as long as you are comfortable and confidant in what you believe.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Apr 14, 2013, 08:50 PM
    You or the OP haven't even referenced the "God" in question yet. While I believe there is only one true God there are obviously many systems of belief. How this question is answered ultimately depends on the OPs beliefs.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 14, 2013, 09:03 PM
    God looks at the heart, no matter what religion or non religion.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 14, 2013, 10:06 PM
    There are many, Gods, (Each religion is centralized around a single God or many Gods) I don't know to whom you are referring. If someone does not hear about, God, any God, than it depends on what your religion says about them. For example, Christians believe that people who don't worship, God, go to hell. That is just what they believe, and each religion has their own believes also.
    Actually no, Christians teach that those who do not accept God, do not go to heaven. There is exceptions in all Christian faiths I know of, for those that have never heard of God.

In Christianity, there is a basic belief ( not accepted by all denominations) that people are born with the knowledge of good and evil, and those will be judged by their behavior if they have not accepted God
    Pets Expert

Apr 14, 2013, 10:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Actually no, Christians teach that those who do not accept God, do not go to heaven. There is exceptions in all Christian faiths I know of, for those that have never heard of God.

In Christianity, there is a basic belief ( not accepted by all denominations) that people are born with the knowledge of good and evil, and those will be judged by their behavior if they have not accepted God
    A million greenies to you Chuck. This post brought tears to my eyes, because I've often had to fight to explain that no God that's as wonderful as Christians say, would turn away someone that's a good person, but chooses not to follow religion.

Thank you.
    Expert

Apr 14, 2013, 10:19 PM
    Thanks, I know I can not speak for many of the 1000s of small groups, or some of the groups even I consider fringe. In any religion there are those that put their own meanings to religious writings or do not follow good translations. But God had a special blessings for the Muslims, if we read the OT, said that they would be a great Nation. I can't read too much into it, but we have to be open minded. God did not create a denomination, Man did.

Apr 14, 2013, 10:25 PM
    "There are many, Gods, (Each religion is centralized around a single God or many Gods) I don't know to whom you are referring. If someone does not hear about, God, any God, than it depends on what your religion says about them. For example, Christians believe that people who don't worship, God, go to hell. That is just what they believe, and each religion has their own believes also." (3)

"You or the OP haven't even referenced the 'God' in question yet. While I believe there is only one true God there are obviously many systems of belief. How this question is answered ultimately depends on the OPs beliefs." (9)

Now we agree on something.

"God (the Christian one) is a just and merciful God." (7)
    "God looks at the heart, no matter what religion or non religion." (10)

I don't know what your religious are, but I am christian and believe in what you just said.

I, also, believe in heaven and hell, I mean what will happen to all those criminals and thieves, sinners in general (those who don't ask for mercy yet believe in God) they have been, let's assume, already introduced to God but decide to purse a blocked-road, do they deserve a second chance? Will they be forgiven? I think that God watches over us and leads us but some, sadly, ignore the knocking at their doors. If that is correct than they already got many chances. That is just what I believe.

If you believe in Christ, like me, than you also believe in Satan which means you also believe in hell; unless you don't.

Life is harsh, there can't be only a wonderful heaven; otherwise, everyone will pray to die. (I don't believe that there is a pure goodness in anyone.)There is a terrible side to everything that hangs on our faces like masks. And reality's ugly side is hell.
    Pets Expert

Apr 14, 2013, 10:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    thanks, I know I can not speak for many of the 1000s of small groups, or some of the groups even I consider fringe. In any religion there are those that put their own meanings to religious writings or do not follow good translations. But God had a special blessings for the Muslims, if we read the OT, said that they would be a great Nation. I can't read to much into it, but we have to be open minded. God did not create a denomination, Man did.
    Exactly. I try to stay out of religious discussions because even those that follow the same beliefs, the same religion, can't agree with each other.

How many times have I said on this site "the written word is the worst form of communication, it's so easy to misinterpret something that's in writing"?

Well, the bible is written. Like all written works interpretation depends on who's reading it. That's why it's impossible to interpret in a way that everyone agrees with. God really should have made a video. ;)

I'm not religious, but I do believe in God, you know this. I would hate to think that I won't go to heaven because some human doesn't think that I deserve to go because I don't follow a certain religion. I'd much rather leave that up to God, and if he's the God I believe he is, he won't judge me by my religion, he'll judge my heart, and my soul. I'm hoping that will give me a pass. :)
    Pets Expert

Apr 14, 2013, 10:31 PM
    they have been, let's assume, already introduced to God but decide to purse a blocked-road, do they deserve a second chance? Will they be forgiven?
    I believe they will be forgiven, because I believe in a loving merciful God.

There's a difference in being introduced to God and being introduced to religion, or a faith. I believe that you don't need to be a Christian to believe in God, you also don't need to go to church to believe in God. You don't need to follow something man created, for God to love you and accept you.

That's my belief, and because it's my belief, I also don't expect you to agree.
    Expert

Apr 14, 2013, 10:41 PM
    I agree, I took a class from Liberty University, one of the more bible teaching colleges, last semester, it was on how most people misunderstand what is written. The biggest issue is that people forget that this was written to specific types of people for specific reasons. And can not be used to fit just any situation.

Apr 14, 2013, 10:41 PM
    I am not going to agree with you, Alty.

I mean God knows everything right? I am sure you agree that he does, because you expect him to judge you, your acts, and your soul. But is it fair that he knows everything about you but you don't know anything about him? Since you mentioned that you don't need to go to church and other things.

If you love someone, like your child, wouldn't you want to know everything about him/her? Than why not try to get to know the kind of person that you are entrusting your life in his hands?
    Pets Expert

Apr 14, 2013, 11:44 PM
    I am not going to agree with you, Alty.

I mean God knows everything right? I am sure you agree that he does, because you expect him to judge you, your acts, and your soul. But is it fair that he knows everything about you but you don't know anything about him? Since you mentioned that you don't need to go to church and other things.

If you love someone, like your child, wouldn't you want to know everything about him/her? Than why not try to get to know the kind of person that you are entrusting your life in his hands?
    You're assuming that I don't know. You're also assuming that people that go to church know everything about God. That's a very big assumption, and I don't believe it's at all accurate.

I've read the bible, I've gone to church, I've learned about God. I don't believe it's possible for any human being to know everything about God, and for anyone to say that they do is prideful, boastful, and not truthful.

I don't entrust my life in God's hands. The Christian belief is that God gave mankind free will, which means that my life is in my hands, and no one else's. But, I'm also a good person, I know right from wrong, which means that I do my best to avoid the wrong and do the right. It's my choice, God doesn't make those choices for me. If our lives were in God's hands, the world would be a very different place.

I choose not to follow mans way, and religion, church, that's mans way, not God's. Did Jesus demand people to attend church to hear what he had to say? Did Jesus turn anyone away? Two thieves asked for forgiveness moments before their death on the cross, and Jesus forgave them. Jesus befriended a hooker, he didn't turn her away.

If you choose church, that's fine, that's your choice, that's your way to believe, your way to worship. But saying that because I don't go to church, don't belong to organized religion, means that I don't know God. Well, that's not at all accurate.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2013, 04:17 AM
    Nothing, nothing at all. They go about their daily lives.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If people don't believe in God or a God what do they believe in? [ 65 Answers ]

If people don't believe in God or a God what do they believe in?

Jewish the chosen people of God? [ 6 Answers ]

I hope that I am posting this in the correct section. My friends and I were discussing Christianity this evening and I wanted them to answer a question, but no one was able to give a direct answer. I know that in the Bible it says that the Jewish are the chosen people. I would like to know if...

Does God force people to come in? [ 9 Answers ]

Apparently today's gospel lesson says so.:confused: Today's Gospel (Lk 14:15-24): One of those at the table said to Jesus, «Happy are those who eat at the banquet in the kingdom of God!». Jesus replied, «A man once gave a feast and invited many guests. When it was time for the feast he sent his...

Thank God for this sight and all the people that post [ 2 Answers ]

I have been asking question on this site for a few months now.I have been through the ups and downs ( mostly downs) of my ex leaving me.I tell you what wit out you guys I would still be having sleepless nights drinking none stop to hide the pain.With you guys I was able to take some of the advise...

View more questions Search