Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 15, 2013, 06:38 AM
    And of course what the person hears about God. Here in China for example, a large group of people know that some people believe in a God, others believe in Buddhism ( they see it as a way of life more than a god here) but they know nothing about the gods.

In face people buy ear rings and necklaces that are "crosses" I see them all over for sale, guess what almost none of these people know it has anything to do with Christ, do not know it represents most Christian religions.

They are taught that gods and religions are like Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, just myths. In fact I bought my son a bible story book, it is titled Myths and other bedtime stories
    Zea Posts: 217, Reputation: 19

Apr 15, 2013, 12:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    You're assuming that I don't know. You're also assuming that people that go to church know everything about God. That's a very big assumption, and I don't believe it's at all accurate.

I've read the bible, I've gone to church, I've learned about God. I don't believe it's possible for any human being to know everything about God, and for anyone to say that they do is prideful, boastful, and not truthful.

I don't entrust my life in God's hands. The Christian belief is that God gave mankind free will, which means that my life is in my hands, and no one elses. But, I'm also a good person, I know right from wrong, which means that I do my best to avoid the wrong and do the right. It's my choice, God doesn't make those choices for me. If our lives were in God's hands, the world would be a very different place.

I choose not to follow mans way, and religion, church, that's mans way, not God's. Did Jesus demand people to attend church to hear what he had to say? Did Jesus turn anyone away? Two thieves asked for forgiveness moments before their death on the cross, and Jesus forgave them. Jesus befriended a hooker, he didn't turn her away.

If you choose church, that's fine, that's your choice, that's your way to believe, your way to worship. But saying that because I don't go to church, don't belong to organized religion, means that I don't know God. Well, that's not at all accurate.

Of course, when you assume it will not all be accurate, in fact it can be all wrong. I don't know anything about you, we are strangers to each other. Just like when an OP does not give a complete thought, we start assuming. I am already used to it. Aren't you use to it?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 15, 2013, 03:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Zea View Post
    Of course, when you assume it will not all be accurate, in fact it can be all wrong. I don't know anything about you, we are strangers to each other. Just like when an OP does not give a complete thought, we start assuming. I am already used to it. Aren't you use to it?
    There's a difference between assuming, and questioning. When an OP doesn't post enough information, I will ask questions. I try my best never to assume. Not saying it doesn't happen. We get a lot of similar questions here, it's hard not to assume that someone that posted in the pregnancy forum asking when her exact due date is, when she conceived, is asking because she's not sure who the father is. It's also not hard to assume, and isn't even actually an assumption, that a person coming here to ask what's wrong with a newborn puppy her dog just had, isn't a registered breeder.

But to assume that someone that believes in God, but doesn't believe in church or organized religion, doesn't know anything about God, is not a fair assumption. Why would I believe if I knew nothing about God?
    Zea Posts: 217, Reputation: 19

Apr 15, 2013, 05:43 PM
    I am sorry. I feel like I did something terrible. Please, don't pay much attention to this because I was only was assuming.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 15, 2013, 06:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Zea View Post
    I am sorry. I feel like I did something terrible. Please, don't pay much attention to this because I was only was assuming.
    No need to be sorry, and no, you didn't do anything terrible. Just remember that when you assume, the person you're assuming about, may not like the assumptions you make, especially if they're not at all accurate.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 15, 2013, 06:53 PM
    Funny how no one mentioned purgatory.

Purgatory | Catholic Answers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If people don't believe in God or a God what do they believe in? [ 65 Answers ]

If people don't believe in God or a God what do they believe in?

Jewish the chosen people of God? [ 6 Answers ]

I hope that I am posting this in the correct section. My friends and I were discussing Christianity this evening and I wanted them to answer a question, but no one was able to give a direct answer. I know that in the Bible it says that the Jewish are the chosen people. I would like to know if...

Does God force people to come in? [ 9 Answers ]

Apparently today's gospel lesson says so.:confused: Today's Gospel (Lk 14:15-24): One of those at the table said to Jesus, «Happy are those who eat at the banquet in the kingdom of God!». Jesus replied, «A man once gave a feast and invited many guests. When it was time for the feast he sent his...

Thank God for this sight and all the people that post [ 2 Answers ]

I have been asking question on this site for a few months now.I have been through the ups and downs ( mostly downs) of my ex leaving me.I tell you what wit out you guys I would still be having sleepless nights drinking none stop to hide the pain.With you guys I was able to take some of the advise...

View more questions Search