Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pedjam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2013, 12:08 PM
    Do I have right for French citizenship?
    Hello,
    This is to kindly ask you for opinion:
    • I was born in Paris France in 1977.
    • My parents’ nationality is Serbian as well as mine.
    • In 1980. we moved from France to Serbia, where I later finished education.
    • Last time I visited France in 1982.

Do I have right for French citizenship?
    Thank you
    Best regards
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 14, 2013, 01:19 PM
    Being born in France does not give you the right to citizenship. One parent must be a french citizen, you must have lived in France for at least five years, and speak the language fluently, plus you must prove a permanent address in France. Being married to a french citizen may also help you acquire french citizenship.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grandaughter of French Citizen Believes Eligible for Dual Citizenship (French/USA) [ 1 Answers ]

I recently visited my Aunt (in California) and she gave me a sparse amount of information to the effect as follows: 1.) Even though I was born in California and live in Washington State, because my grandmother was a French citizen that never naturalized American (never became and American...

US born, French Father, want dual French Citizenship [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, If anyone can assist me. I am US born with a French father. I have called the French Consulate in Los Angeles (my closest one) and they weren't helpful at all. In fact, I was treated poorly. I am trying to find out the steps necessary in order to obtain dual US/French citizenship. My...

Can French citizen applying for US citizenship keep French nationality too? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Experts, I am a French citizen with a green card since 1997, that I obtained through marriage. I have been living in the US since then and I would like to apply to a US citizenship but keep my French citizenship as well. Is this possible? Also, I am now separated from my husband. Can I...

French citizenship through french/canadian husband [ 3 Answers ]

Hey there - my husband was born in France. He's been a citizen of canada, resident of quebec, since his French family immigrated 36 years ago. We got married in Los Angeles, certificate issued at the Beverly Hills court-house, in 2003. I was originally informed that: 1) I had to wait 3 years...

View more questions Search