freezer Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2013, 11:02 AM
    Washing machine spins at half speed. Clothes are still wet
    Whirlpool top load washing machine.
    It spins at half speed and clothes are still wet whne cycle is done
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Apr 14, 2013, 12:05 PM
    Check your drive belt under the machine first. It should not be loose or with a lot of black powder around the area.

NOTE Turn power off first.
    rcaldwell Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Apr 14, 2013, 03:23 PM
    Is this a front-load or a top load washing machine? If it's a front-load washer, the inner tub will only spin as fast as it is allowed by the control board. If the control board senses a unbalanced load, you will not get an error, your clothes will just be wet when you go to remove them.

If it's a top-load washer, you may have a problem with your clutch or spin/brake tube. An appliance repair professional may be needed. You could also have a bad or slipping transmission.

Apr 17, 2013, 07:50 PM
    It's a GE washer. WLSR3000GOWW. Top Loader. It spins at half speed. Clothes are still wet after cycle. I replaced belt. No change. Is this a transmission or clutch issue? Or is there a circuit board problem that may cause the motor to spin slower?

Apr 17, 2013, 07:57 PM
    GE Washing Machine spins at half speed
    GE top loader washing machine spins at half speed. Clothes are still wet after spin cycle. Even when tub is empty, or with minimal clothes in it with the weight distributed equally it still spins at half speed. Is this a clutch or transmission problem? I would appreciate y"alls help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool Washing Machine Leaves Clothes Wet At End Of Cycle/Coin Operated Top Load [ 2 Answers ]

I also posted this in another thread from 2007, I hope this's OK... My wife and I own a small apt complex w 3 washers and 3 dryers. We bought them new 7-8 years ago, and are the push button coin operated top load models. Manufactured by Whirlpool. One of them recently had a complaint that...

Washing machine spins out of balance [ 1 Answers ]

Whirlpool top loading washing machine. Spins out of balance on high speed rinse. How can I fix that?

Washing machine clothes still wet after spin cycle [ 2 Answers ]

Kenmore 80 Series Washer Model: 110.82881810 After my washing machine is done the clothes are still wet and there is a puddle of water at the bottom of the basket. I filled the washer with water on Small Load then I stuck a screwdriver in the hole for the lid switch so it would spin while...

Washing machine needs 3 spins to wring wet laundry [ 5 Answers ]

Could someone please tell me if our washing machine problem is fixable? We have to spin our load three times to get the water out of the garments sufficiently to hang on a washing line. It washes fine and spins okay but the garments are still wet until the third spin cycle. Mind you, it has done...

View more questions Search