Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Roger1100 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2013, 09:34 AM
    IP address
    What is the best way to configure IP CAMERAS for use them through Internet Web network
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 14, 2013, 10:36 AM
    Firstly you will need to open appropriate posts in your own firewall to allow the camera to see the net.
    After that it's simply a case of attaching them to your own network with what ever address range you use.
    jolly1967 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2013, 01:30 PM
    1. Check if your isp gave you a static ip

2. If ip is dynamic... configure a dydns to ponit to your ip

3. Check which port the ip cameras use

4. Forward ports on your router to your internal ip address for you cameras
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2013, 08:14 AM
    Ideally...

You need to configure each camera to have a separate IP address and Port from all of the other cameras. It would be wise to put the IP address outside of the DHCP range and the ports above 1024. This will prevent clash from other automatic devices on the network.

Next you need to configure your firewall to forward a specific port to its corresponding IP address. Then when you go to your web browser off-site you can type in
    Each port number giving you a separate camera.

jolly1967 has a point. If you want to make it easier assign a domain to your IP address and if its dynamic, a service such as dyn.com could help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Address of who owns this property and what is her address and phone number [ 5 Answers ]

The property address is 2208 norton st rochester ny

Can personal information, I.e. My address - be traced via my email address [ 2 Answers ]

When I send an email using i.e. Hotmail, can the person receiving it retrieve any personal information, i.e. my home address :eek:etc. somehow? If my real name is not displayed anywhere on the email I am sending, is there still a way to trace personal information about me? Thank you!

Global address list groups members missing in Outlook address book [ 0 Answers ]

Hello All, When I view a group in global address list in Outlook , address book group Does not display the members. My company use exchange 2000 server, and client use outlook XP or 2003. Does anybody experience the same thing and/or know why this is so? Thanks a lot for your help and...

Excel: change relative address to absolute address [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, In Excel spreadsheet, how to change relative address to absolute address for many cells at same time? I know how to use F4 to do the change, but it is not an option when I have to deal with the addresses in a 150 row x 50 column table. Thanks, Wei

View more questions Search