Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    darkstr528 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2013, 11:10 AM
    I have a nordyne furnace, fuse tripped last night and won't reset? HELP!
    Can I check to see if it's fuses or unit by turning off the unit and retrying the breakers?. It made a "sound" when I tried to reset them with unit on and didn't want to try again without some information... Thanx in advance...
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Apr 13, 2013, 11:43 AM
    I cannot understand the reason you want to do what your thinking of doing to start with. It seems you have a short circuit that is causing the fuse/breaker to trip and I would be finding out what that problem is before I would subject your unit to more damage by reactivating it without it being repaired first. Reactivation of the unit is not going to fix the problem or do a magic trick and make the problem go away. You need to take a test meter and test the circuits of your furnace and find the defective part. Then replace the part then turn it back on. This is how service is performed under normal circumstances. Good luck with your project.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nordyne furnace won't ignite [ 0 Answers ]

My Nordyne furnace model kg6ra 072c-12a won't ignite. The red light blinks twice and the yellow light doesn't blink at all.

Where is the reset button on a nordyne mgha 065 gas furnace? [ 1 Answers ]

Blower only works when thermastat is on 'on' not auto . It's driving me crazy. Can't find wher reset button is. Please help me. I'm cold.

Here is reset button on a Nordyne furnace [ 3 Answers ]

Have installed a new igniter --- when plugged back in unit just runs and runs with no heat. Reference on heater says to reset by pushing red button, but can't locate it. Is a Nordyne 624591-B unit.

Nordyne furnace blows fuse [ 14 Answers ]

To mygirlsdad, Guess what? Remember the Nordyne furnace? Well it worked for a week and now it's blowing thr circuit board fuse (3 amp). We, 2 different hvac guys and me have it narrowed down to this. When we unhook the green ground wire that comes from the circuit board that goes to the furnace...

View more questions Search