Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NoniKaponi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2013, 08:08 AM
    1920's sewing machine made by "The Domestic Sewing Machine Co.".
    This machine appears to be complete (w/bobbin, bobbin case & a decent looking electrical cord). It is in a handsome & unusual sewing table. I am looking for a threading guide & sale value.
    Attached Images

smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2013, 12:24 PM
    My guesstimate and that's all it is, would be about $ 350 with the nice woodwork. I suggest trying eBay to get some better comparisons.
    Pelusawoman Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Sep 14, 2013, 05:52 PM
    As for threading, I'll try to give you an experienced guess according to what I can see in the photos.

From the spool on the pin on top, run the thread to the left to the button-looking thing with the screw in the middle. I think this may be the tension, unless there is one around the side or back, which I cannot see from the photos. You should be able to put the thread behind it, probably laying it on top and pulling down. Then there is a bar below that which moves up and down. There should be a hole or slot in it where you can put the thread. From there, go to the bar on the side, which moves up and down, and put the thread through the hole. There is something on the side close to the needle, but I can't make it out. It could be a thread guide (maybe something else?), and there is a thread guide on the needle bar. Then through the needle, probably left to right.

The bobbin thread will have a certain direction to it, but you will have to give more photos for me to help you on that one.

The ultimate test is in whether it sews correctly, or tangles.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewing machine made by Domestic [ 1 Answers ]

How much is a sewing machine made by Domestic worth? We have the cover for the machine, we were told it was used for heavier things like leather. Was made jan 1871 only missing belt.

"Free No.5" sewing machine in solid oak cabinet [ 5 Answers ]

I have a "Free No.5" sewing machine purchased between 1910 and 1930. The machine is fully functional. It is enclosed in a flawless oak cabinet with hand carved wooden appliques on the front doors. I have not been able to find another one like it on the internet. Any information as to the history of...

Question on "National" Sewing Machine [ 1 Answers ]

I am interested in finding out the value of a particular sewing machine. Sewing Machine Characteristics: says, Elliot Sewing Machine Company, "National" Model A Made in: Belvidere IL....

View more questions Search