Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slashnothing Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2013, 06:50 AM
    What is this chronic hive-like rash on face and neck that burns and itches caused by?
    Hello. For about 8 months now Ive had a variety of symptoms, which may or may not actually share the same underlying cause, and for which I have not yet been able to find a diagnosis. Currently my main symptoms/concerns are: painful stinging hives on my face and neck that reoccur within no more than a few days of not taking prednisone, even when tapering off the prednisone slowly. Along with the hives seems to appear acne, not cystic, are are rather lots of tiny little bumps along the jaw a chin, which may be from taking prednisone for the past 6-8months, but I don't know. Also hand eczema on and off, in particular with heavy & painful blistering; general fatigued feeling, extremely tired w/ low energy, low BP, very strong pain in knees if they have not been moved in a while, esp. if any weight is rested on them; it feels like a hammer and smashed my knees if trying to straighten them, and if I stand right away I feel like ill fall but am fine to stand a few min later. Had a kidney infection just before all this started, not sure if that's relevant here. Also I have fainted a few times, have frequent light-headedness & dizzyness upon standing, easy bruising all over legs that looks like finger prints and occurs intermittently, frequent hay fever like symptoms, bouts of constipation alternating with large uncomfortable & frequent bowel movements, frequent nausea esp. upon waking and before bed. What Ive tried: Been on various forms of cortisteroids. At first doctors assumed it was an allergy. Since I have been told maybe an autoimmune disorder, but my arthritis bloodwork came back normal, other blood tests like cbc were within normal except white blood cell count which was around 11,000 (slightly high?). Have pics if helpful:

Apr 12, 2013, 06:52 AM

Apr 12, 2013, 06:53 AM
    [IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Apr 12, 2013, 06:54 AM
    [IMG][/IMG]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does my vagina burns and itches ? [ 1 Answers ]

Could I have an STD? I always use protection when having sex.. So what is the cause & cure ?

I did "Salt & Ice Challenge." My arm still itches & burns. I did it two days ago.. [ 2 Answers ]

Could anyway tell me why it still does. If and when is it going to stop. Doing this challenge was the stupiedest thing I have ever done so far.. I have a little red mark on my left arm & its red around my mark + I'm sort of getting a few little bumps like pimples but there not pimples, there from...

Problems for my penis a rash little red bumps and it itches please help asap [ 1 Answers ]

My penis just started this a few days ago and I don't now what it is please help me find out

Hi I have a yeast infection and my vagina itches and burns and is so red and inflamed [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a yeast infection and my vagina itches and burns and is so red and inflamed and it's completely miserable. There's also a few small red cuts that bleed a little when I wipe. I think that I got the infection from taking antibiotics and stress and it also first appeared right before I...

Face Burns [ 1 Answers ]

I used hydroquinone 4% cream to lighten a few dark marks on my face and it burned it, how to clear the burns?

View more questions Search