Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ann321 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2013, 09:48 PM
    How big of an age difference is too big?
    I am 19 and he is 34 (I know big age difference!). He comes quiet often to the café where I work. We joke around like, I do with many of the customers. We started flirting a couple months ago, but still very small amount and I did not think too much about it. Until the other day, as he paid for his food he handed me his number. Part of me knows there is a huge age difference and to walk away now. The other part thinks I'm very mature for my age and he seems to be a little immature... can we meet somewhere in the middle mentally? What should I think of this? I'm not looking for you to make up my mind for me, but maybe just some kind advice. Thanks!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 11, 2013, 10:41 PM
    As BOTH parties are adults there's nothing further to say.
    It is YOUR choice.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 12, 2013, 03:15 AM
    14 not all that bad, I know one couple who has a 30 year difference. And I know dozens that have 10 years. I have more than 10 years myself.
    jakester Posts: 582, Reputation: 165

Apr 12, 2013, 12:13 PM
    It's funny but age differences like you described seem to be an issue only for Americans, for some reason. In most parts of the world that I've been to (15 countries), 14 years age difference is hardly a noticeable issue for anyone.

You make it an issue in your own mind, so you have to ask yourself if it is an issue for you. Secondly, if you decide it's not an issue, why not go for it? You can hardly tell whether he is immature based upon the brief interactions you've had with him. You might mistaken his immaturity for a fun-loving, youthfulness that he has, which is probably why he is talking to you. Only way to find out if he is mature or not is to call him and see where things go.
    leen321 Posts: 60, Reputation: 3

Apr 12, 2013, 01:15 PM
    I think it is a bit of an age difference. Maybe what bothers me more is that he handed his number to you instead of asking for your number.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confusion on big age difference [ 20 Answers ]

Hello, I am 17 years old and in university (hence mature for my age, although I admit I still am a teenager). I met this guy, very nice and very friendly, who asked me out. I then proceeded to tell him that I am 17 which is most likely much younger than him. Then he informed me he was almost 25....

Not a big deal to me, age difference? [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone here think seven years of age difference makes a big deal? Me being seven years younger, and him being the oldest? I am 20 and my boyfriend is 27 I don't see it as a big deal, but he wants me to meet his parents soon, and I feel kind of uncomfortable if he tells them Im 20 (soon to be...

View more questions Search