Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deolgoatlady Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2007, 07:38 AM
    Seizures or muscle spasms in Dashund
    My 3 year old male dashund is having muscle spasms or seizures about every 2 months or less. Last about 5 to 10 minutes. Anyone have any info about this type of problem?
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2007, 08:16 AM
    deolgoatlady, has your dog been examined by a vet? It would be a good idea to get a full physical. You will find that people will stop by to weigh in with their opinions of what it may be and how to handle it, but you need to find out what exactly is the root cause of his problem. I personally wouldn't rely on someone on the internet being able to exactly diagnose the problem. We cannot see him or examine him online. The only way to know for sure what exactly is going on is to have a vet examine him. He may have epilepsy and need anti-seizure drugs. Poor thing. I hope it is nothing serious. Please let us know what the vet says.
    mily1021 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2007, 08:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by deolgoatlady
    My 3 year old male dashund is having muscle spasms or siezures about every 2 months or less. Last about 5 to 10 minutes. Anyone have any info about this type of problem?
    I had a dachsund for 8 years with epilepsy. Sounds like it could be the same thing. Take it to the vet.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2007, 08:29 AM
    There are many causes of seizures. Even a vet may take a while to identify the problem. Once identified, it may or may not be correctable, or be something that will get worse without treatment. You need to take the dog to a vet.

Having others say why their dog had seizures won't give you any help. Their dog may or may not have the same cause.

A week ago yesterday, I dropped off a dog that was having seizures at fine vet clinic. They have 2 vets, technicians, the finest equipment, access to lab tests, etc. 2 days later, the vet called, but still wasn't sure exactly what the problem was.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Muscle [ 2 Answers ]

I am really in to building muscle an I have bin doing weight for a while but I am wondering is there a fast rutine that can help muscle building faster I don't won't to use steroids as I know the side affects an it supposedly give you man boobs an I don't won't to use a toning device as it doesn't...

Pregnant dashund [ 2 Answers ]

I have a mini dashund and she is now pregnant by a begal will this pregnancy hurt her and will she be able to carry them.

Crying dashund [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have a 3 month old miniture daschund and he crys all the time when we aren't giving him 100% of our attention! We have him sleep in his crate in our bedroom because we both work full time and he has to be in the crate all day... only he is barking and crying the whole time! We...

Miniature Dashund [ 2 Answers ]

My dashund had puppies on February 2 for the past week she has been acting really strange she is walking weird and when she chews she's only chewing with half her mouth when I give her an asprin she acts just fine but when it wears off she it comes back but while on the asprin she runs jumps but...

PC Muscle [ 1 Answers ]

Where exactly can the PC muscle be located for men i.e. the one that is used for Kegel exercises?

View more questions Search