Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sandydintx Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2007, 07:00 AM
    UL Certification in Saudi Arabia?
    Can anyone tell me if UL Certification is a requirement in Saudi Arabia? We are reworking a motor for a piece of hospital equipment to be 220v/60mz and need to know if we have to go through this step to export.
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Mar 21, 2007, 07:36 AM
    UL Certification may or may not be required in Saudi. That is not the problem, as you are not installing a new piece of equipment then certifiaction is not required on repairs. Any parts that are replaced DO NEED the certification however.
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Mar 21, 2007, 09:18 AM
    As this is a new piece of equipment, I am sure that the manufacturer of the machine is able to supply a UL certified motor with the correct voltage. If not then it may be possible to purchase a motor from a UL approved manufacturer.

PS UL, as are most certification labs (CSA, CE VDE, etc) are a law unto themselves. Your timescale is not important to them!

If all else fails try the contact below for some advice. Very helpful.

UL International (UK) Ltd
    Wonersh House
    The Guildway
    Old Portsmouth Road
    Guildford, Surrey, GU3 1LR
    United Kingdom

Phone:+44 (0)1483 302 130 Fax:+44 (0)1483 302 230 E-mail:[email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teacher certification on line? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! Have any of you folks had experience with or investigated teacher certification on line? I like the idea of taking tests and really studying. Plus I went to college for an accumulative 5 years in several countries. Can any of you recommend a recognized program? Thanks! JB

Saudi Arabia [ 5 Answers ]

What does diplomatic issue mean?

Need Info about Saudi Company Kanooz al Watan [ 2 Answers ]

This company has just recently bought a big Power Utility Firm in Pakistan and the deal looks very fish. Can anyone provide some background info, previous acquisitions, people and allied management of this company. It does not even have a web site.

View more questions Search