Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hollydavis12345 Posts: 24, Reputation: 0

Apr 10, 2013, 01:18 PM
    When I get a new leopard gecko should I feed it straight away
    Hi I am going to get my first baby leopard gecko soon I was wondering when I bring it home and put it in its new cage should I feed it straight away or leave it a day or so ? I have done all my research and that is the only question I could not find out also another thing is how much should I feed my baby gecko and when I know I have to feed it crickets and meal worms but what day do I feed it crickets and what days do I feed it meal worms? Thank you plzz answer xx
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Apr 10, 2013, 01:21 PM
    Wait a day or so. It will be a little confused from being moved around and likely will not want to eat anyway.

The other thing will vary based on how much it eats and how often. You will just have to get used to it and learn this part.

Apr 10, 2013, 01:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    Wait a day or so. It will be a little confused from being moved around and likely will not want to eat anyway.

The other thing will vary based on how much it eats and how often. You will just have to get used to it and learn this part.
    Thank you how many crickets should I feed it or meal worms ? So if I leave it 1 day or 2 and then try to feed it how much should I give it x
    Entomology Expert

Apr 10, 2013, 01:25 PM
    What does it say in the book about feeding?

Apr 10, 2013, 01:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    What does it say in the book about feeding?
    I should feed it twice a day ?
    Entomology Expert

Apr 10, 2013, 01:30 PM
    I don't really think you read the book... or maybe you just don't understand what you read.

Leopard Gecko Care Sheet

Apr 10, 2013, 01:34 PM
    I have already read that
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Apr 10, 2013, 01:45 PM
    Where did you get a "baby" gecko from? Herps are notoriously picky eaters and baby ones can be worse than the adults. It wouldn't hurt it to let it sit for a day without you bothering it... but it won't hurt it to have the option to eat if it wants to. If it truly is a baby gecko... you don't need to put a lot in there. Perhaps just a few pinhead crickets for starters.

Apr 13, 2013, 08:02 AM
    I have had my gecko for three days now and I tried giving in 2 crickets and it won't eat them and it's a baby leopard gecko

Apr 13, 2013, 08:21 AM
    Leopard geckos
    I bought a leopard gecko 3 days ago I fed it today only 2 crickets to see how it got on but it hasn't ate any when I got my leopard gecko the man said to give him 2 days to settle in what I have done and he said to give him 10 crickets aday when he is settled in is that right? But he isn't eating none . The man in the shop gave me vitamins to put on the food every day also he didn't give me no meal worms he didn't say any thing about feeding my gecko meal worms should I go out and buy meal worms for my gecko thank you give me all the details I need xx
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2013, 08:43 AM
    I hope you didn't buy this living creature on a whim and did some research first.

In the meantime, here's a very good reference site - How to care for your pet gecko
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2013, 08:44 AM
    Please stick to one thread - maybe you don't like the answers, maybe you don't want to read the information, but posting again doesn't change the facts.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Apr 13, 2013, 09:01 AM
    Geckos don't eat just one insect in the wild... instinctively they eat many different kinds. Yours hasn't been "broken in" yet. Try offering several different types... meal worms, pinhead crickets, etc...

You might even want to hold off the vitamin supplement at first as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gecko eggs, which way is up? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I found 2 gecko eggs under a trash bag in my gargage, and I've been reading that in order to save &/or hatch them, they need to be facing up? But since they were accidentally moved when I moved trash bag, I have no idea which way they were originally facing :( , I'd really love to save & hatch...

Cat may have eaten a leopard gecko [ 1 Answers ]

What would happen to my cat if he ate a leopard gecko? Would the skin poison it?

GECKO'S In the house [ 1 Answers ]

I am having a problem with the med.geckos's in my home,I don't mind them in the yard,but it is kind of scary having them run out in front of you at 4 in the morning:eek: ,so I don't want to kill them in the yard I just would like to know how to get them out of the house,and how to keep them from...

Leopard Gecko [ 4 Answers ]

Anyone heard of not feeding your reptiles crickets that are found wild? I know some insects' exoskeleton can be too hard to digest. But someone told me the other day the Gecko could get worms? I just thought this was weird. I know large constrictors can get tapeworms from the mice or rats, but...

View more questions Search