Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2013, 07:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Write your congressman and tell Issa to start an investigation since they are charged with oversight.
    Issa is not in charge of oversight in Minnesota.

Make up your mind whether you want to fund regulators, or defund them.
    Enough of that straw man, Tal. That's so old and annoying that surely you lefties can come up with something new. We have never pretended regulation was unnecessary, but if there is no state agency tasked with protecting the lives and health of women and children there is nothing to fund. Duh!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 20, 2013, 08:32 AM
    Then call the government in Minnesota. DUH!!
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2013, 05:06 AM
    So you aren't interested in protecting women after all?
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2013, 07:01 AM
    Abortion outrage of the day, a Republican in Arizona wants to ban third trimester abortions with the usual exceptions because you know, that viability thing. This of course has NARAL outraged...

On Friday, Arizona congressman Trent Franks announced he will be introducing a bill to prohibit abortions after the fifth month of pregnancy, with exceptions for when the mother's life or physical health is at risk. NARAL president Ilyse Hogue condemned the modest restriction in a statement:

“Rep. Franks is using this bill in a shameless effort to exploit the terrible tragedy in Pennsylvania where Kermit Gosnell was just convicted of murder for performing illegal abortions that resulted in killing of infants and women. The women of America deserve better.

“Gosnell was a criminal whose activities were made possible by the very kind of anti-choice policies Franks is advancing. By cutting funding, reducing access and imposing unnecessary restrictions on safe and legal abortion, anti-choice politicians have forced women – especially low-income women – into the waiting hands of unscrupulous operators like Kermit Gosnell.

“We will fight this senseless attack and protect the rights of all women.”
    Franks's bill would ban most abortions after 20 weeks of gestation, the point at which babies can feel pain and the point at which some babies can survive long-term if born:

"In June 2009, the Journal of the American Medical Association reported a Swedish series of over 300,000 infants," Dr. Colleen Malloy testified before Congress in 2012. "Survival to one year of life of live born infants at 20, 21, 22, 23, and 24 weeks postfertilization age was 10%, 53%, 67%, 82%, and 85%, respectively." So a law restricting abortion after 20 weeks would not run afoul of Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy's dictate that abortion must not be restricted prior to "viability."
    Ms. Hogue, the women of America definitely deserve better, better than regulators intentionally turning a blind eye to known butchery. Better than regulating nail salons more heavily than abortion clinics. Better than LYING to women about the child in their womb. Better than refusing to provide medical care to infants born alive from a botched abortion. Better than pompous blowhards like you that care more about legalized infanticide than the women you prey on.
    Expert

May 21, 2013, 07:59 AM
    They would really be mad at me because I think you should lose the choice of aborting a pregnancy after 12 weeks. After that you better look at other alternatives. But before then females should be given every advantage in early pregnancy detection and counseling and medical care. They should also be afforded every contraception, and pregnancy prevention method that medical technology can provide including the day after pill.

Hell, if you have sex why wouldn't you take a pill to prevent being pregnant, and avoid making a choice like abortion? Or go to a gynecologist after a missed period? I think we start by recognizing that all females (OR MALES, since it does take two) have the advantage of proper education or guidance that's required to make these life changing decisions in the first place.

That's how we protect people Speech, with knowledge not fear. More compassion, less recrimination and hollering.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 21, 2013, 08:10 AM
    Neither is anyone who simply makes post after post on forums. Same result as praying - nothing.
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2013, 08:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Neither is anyone who simply makes post after post on forums. Same result as praying - nothing.
    Dude, you may be nothing more than a mindless avatar posting useless drivel, but I'm not.
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2013, 08:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    They would really be mad at me because I think you should lose the choice of aborting a pregnancy after 12 weeks. After that you better look at other alternatives. But before then females should be given every advantage in early pregnancy detection and counseling and medical care. They should also be afforded every contraception, and pregnancy prevention method that medical technology can provide including the day after pill.

Hell, if you have sex why wouldn't you take a pill to prevent being pregnant, and avoid making a choice like abortion? Or go to a gynecologist after a missed period? I think we start by recognizing that all females (OR MALES, since it does take two) have the advantage of proper education or guidance that's required to make these life changing decisions in the first place.

That's how we protect people Speech, with knowledge not fear. More compassion, less recrimination and hollering.
    Tal, if you can't holler about refusing to make sure abortion clinics are clean and safe then there's nothing to discuss, because my friend that is about as far away from COMPASSION as it gets.
    Expert

May 21, 2013, 08:26 AM
    I have never argued against clean safe abortion clinics. I have said that the process republicans use to get them there is cruel.
    Uber Member

May 21, 2013, 08:29 AM
    Dude, you may be nothing more than a mindless avatar posting useless drivel, but I'm not.
    How so? Do these threads make you feel better? They certainly don't help anyone so don't try to make us believe they do.
    I was away this long weekend actually volunteering.. again. That's what helps people.
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2013, 08:36 AM
    How so? Do these threads make you feel better? They certainly don't help anyone so don't try to make us believe they do.
    I was away this long weekend actually volunteering..again. That's what helps people.
    Dude, what is it about people like you that love to denigrate others based on your own ignorant assumptions that feels a need to condescend and pat yourself on the back for your alleged good deeds?

Unlike you I feel no need to boast of what I do to help others, I just help them.

P.S. I'm sure your buddies at AMHD are happy to know you think their site is of no help to anyone.
    Uber Member

May 21, 2013, 09:02 AM
    what is it about people like you that love to denigrate others based on your own ignorant assumptions that feels a need to condescend
    Well it started when you did that exact thing here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/curren...ml#post3467835
    Quote Originally Posted by speechless
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2013, 09:15 AM
    Well it started when you did that exact thing here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/curren...ml#post3467835
    Asking Tal a question is self-congratulatory? Dude.

Look, if you have no desire to contribute to the topic of this thread then feel free to start your own on the usefulness of Ask Me HELP Desk or something, but you're not going to ruin this thread as you do so many others. There is a topic, stick to it.
    Uber Member

May 21, 2013, 10:59 AM
    P.S. I'm sure your buddies at AMHD are happy to know you think their site is of no help to anyone.
    This site does help people in the other forums, just never, ever in Current Events and they know that, that's why it was created.
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2013, 02:36 PM
    This site does help people in the other forums, just never, ever in Current Events and they know that, that's why it was created.
    I'm not the one pretending a current events discussion forum is supposed to help people. Now, do you have anything to add to the topic or do you just want to do some more ankle biting?
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2013, 02:49 PM
    For your Friday dump, a former abortionist testified before congress in support of a bill banning all abortions after 20 weeks, which is much farther along than our European counterparts allow as noted before. I give you Dr. Anthony Levantino.

If you can't stomach watching him describe a "normal" D&E, read this to see it from an abortionists eyes. Via Lifesite News

The first task is remove the laminaria that had earlier been placed in the cervix to dilate it sufficiently to allow the procedure you are about to perform. With that accomplished, direct your attention to the surgical instruments arranged on a small table to your right. The first instrument you reach for is a 14-French suction catheter. It is clear plastic and about nine inches long. It has a bore through the center approximately ¾ of an inch in diameter. Picture yourself introducing this catheter through the cervix and instructing the circulating nurse to turn on the suction machine which is connected through clear plastic tubing to the catheter. What you will see is a pale yellow fluid that looks a lot like urine coming through the catheter into a glass bottle on the suction machine. This is the amniotic fluid that surrounded the baby to protect her.

With suction complete, look for your Sopher clamp. This instrument is about thirteen inches long and made of stainless steel. At the end are located jaws about 2 ½ inches long and about ¾ of an inch wide with rows of sharp ridges or teeth. This instrument is for grasping and crushing tissue. When it gets hold of something, it does not let go. A second trimester D&E abortion is a blind procedure. The baby can be in any orientation or position inside the uterus. Picture yourself reaching in with the Sopher clamp and grasping anything you can. At twenty-four weeks gestation, the uterus is thin and soft so be careful not to perforate or puncture the walls. Once you have grasped something inside, squeeze on the clamp to set the jaws and pull hard–really hard. You feel something let go and out pops a fully formed leg about six inches long. Reach in again and grasp whatever you can. Set the jaw and pull really hard once again and out pops an arm about the same length. Reach in again and again with that clamp and tear out the spine, intestines, heart and lungs.

The toughest part of a D&E abortion is extracting the baby’s head. The head of a baby that age is about the size of a large plum and is now free floating inside the uterine cavity. You can be pretty sure you have hold of it if the Sopher clamp is spread about as far as your fingers will allow. You will know you have it right when you crush d own on the clamp and see white gelatinous material coming through the cervix. That was the baby’s brains. You can then extract the skull pieces. Many times a little face will come out and stare back at you.

Congratulations! You have just successfully performed a second trimester Suction D&E abortion. You just affirmed her right to choose. If you refuse to believe that this procedure inflicts severe pain on that unborn child, please think again.
    But it's not a baby, right?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where are the best paying jobs for meat cutters/butchers in Chicago? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a meat cutter with four years of experience, and I am thinking of relocating to Chicago, I heard meat cutters get paid better up there that are in the union, so my question is where would I go to find some of the better paying jobs as a meat cutter?

Philadelphia county marriage [ 5 Answers ]

So my fiancé and I are attemptimg to have a courthouse wedding.. I understand that we will need two witnesses and proper documentation... but how do we go about scheduling the appointment for our license and the actually ceremony with the judge.. we were applying on 9.14 and want the wedding to...

Philadelphia local tax [ 1 Answers ]

What is SUI/SDI taxes and what is it used for?

View more questions Search