Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2013, 08:11 AM
    The butchers of Philadelphia
    And it has nothing to do with cheesesteaks. Kermit Gosnell is facing 43 criminal charges including 8 counts of murder and the national media has no interest in reporting on the story, well except for Fox News that is. I'll again spare you the details but you should at least check out part of the reported trial testimony, such as here and here.

What Gosnell - and his employees allegedly did - is horrific enough, but the very people that I'm repeatedly told we need looking out for us, government regulators, not only failed to protect the health and safety of women in abortion clinics and the apparently significant number of children born alive in them, they neglected them "by design."

From the Grand Jury's report:

We discovered that Pennsylvania’s Department of Health has deliberately chosen not to enforce laws that should afford patients at abortion clinics the same safeguards and assurances of quality health care as patients of other medical service providers. Even nail salons in Pennsylvania are monitored more closely for client safety.

The State Legislature has charged the Department of Health (DOH) with responsibility for writing and enforcing regulations to protect health and safety in abortion clinics as well as in hospitals and other health care facilities. Yet a significant difference exists between how DOH monitors abortion clinics and how it monitors facilities where other medical procedures are performed.

Indeed, the department has shown an utter disregard both for the safety of women who seek treatment at abortion clinics and for the health of fetuses after they have become viable. State health officials have also shown a disregard for the laws the department is supposed to enforce. Most appalling of all, the Department of Health’s neglect of abortion patients’ safety and of Pennsylvania laws is clearly not inadvertent: It is by design.

State health officials knew that Gosnell and his clinic were offering unacceptable medical care to women and girls, yet DOH failed to take any action to stop the atrocities documented by this Grand Jury. These officials were far more protective of themselves when they testified before the Grand Jury. Even DOH lawyers, including the chief counsel, brought private attorneys with them – presumably at government expense.
    How many more state's are failing to protect the women 'served' by abortion clinics and why in the hell isn't the media reporting this?

No excuses.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2013, 08:27 AM
    Well you know where I stand on this
    Ask Me Help Desk - View Single Post - Gun Control ...it didn't take long
    I think this is much more common than will be admitted.. Btw ,Planned Parenthood has always opposed laws that defend the right to life for babies that survive the coup de grace .
    LifeSiteNews Mobile | Planned Parenthood has history of opposing anti-infanticide legislation
    But then again... so has Emperor 0.
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2013, 11:36 AM
    I guess Philadelphia media is the only media willing to report on what the others black out...

Delaware abortion clinic facing charges of unsafe and unsanitary conditions

April 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- A local abortion clinic is under fire, facing allegations of unsafe and unsanitary conditions.

A series of emergency calls made from the Planned Parenthood of Delaware this year are raising concerns about what's happening behind the closed doors.

Two former nurses who both quit are speaking exclusively with Action News about what they saw inside.

Jayne Mitchell-Werbrich, former employee said, "It was just unsafe. I couldn't tell you how ridiculously unsafe it was."

Werbrich alleges conditions inside the facility were unsanitary.

"He didn't wear gloves," said Werbrich.

Another former employee, Joyce Vasikonis told Action News, "They were using instruments on patients that were not sterile."

The former nurses claim that a rush to get patients in and out left operating tables soiled and unclean.

Werbrich said "It's not washed down, it's not even cleaned off. It has bloody drainage on it."

"They could be at risk of getting hepatitis, even AIDS," added Vasikonis.

Both of these nurses said, they quit to protect their own medical licenses, stunned by what they called a meat-market style of assembly-line abortions.

Vasikonis said, "I felt I could be held liable if a patient was harmed."

"Planned Parenthood needs to close its doors, it's needs to be cleaned up, the staff needs to be trained, said Werbrich."

In Delaware, abortion clinics are not subject to routine inspections. The state only steps in when they have a patient complaint. Planned Parenthood is essentially in charge of inspecting itself.

Mary Peterson from the Delaware Department of Health and Human Services said, "I am not going to lie to you, we don't have the manpower to do routine inspections."

She says, her investigators went into the facility in October of last year after a complaint.

We asked Peterson, did they find any problems with the sterilization of utensils. She told us "no, no." We then asked if blood was being left after one patient had surgery and another one came in, she replied, "absolutely none."

Investigators say, they have not found evidence to support the claims raised by Vasikonis and Werbrich.

Since January 4th, five patients allegedly have been rushed from the facility to the emergency room, again placing the clinic in the spotlight.

Peterson says, it raises concerns and they are in the process of looking into what is causing the issues to occur.

Action News has learned during our investigation that one doctor and two more nurses at the clinic have mysteriously left.

Planned Parenthood would not confirm if they were fired or resigned.
    Seems Pennsylvania isn't the only state that fails to protect the health and safety of women.
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2013, 07:39 AM
    I love a liberal with a conscience (as opposed to "the conscience of a liberal"). Once again Kirsten Powers gets it, and since no one but tom seems to care you're getting some of the details.

Philadelphia abortion clinic horror: Column
    Kirsten Powers 9:01p.m. EDT April 10, 2013
    We've forgotten what belongs on Page One.

Infant beheadings. Severed baby feet in jars. A child screaming after it was delivered alive during an abortion procedure. Haven't heard about these sickening accusations?

It's not your fault. Since the murder trial of Pennsylvania abortion doctor Kermit Gosnell began March 18, there has been precious little coverage of the case that should be on every news show and front page. The revolting revelations of Gosnell's former staff, who have been testifying to what they witnessed and did during late-term abortions, should shock anyone with a heart.

NBC-10 Philadelphia reported that, Stephen Massof, a former Gosnell worker, "described how he snipped the spinal cords of babies, calling it, 'literally a beheading. It is separating the brain from the body." One former worker, Adrienne Moton, testified that Gosnell taught her his "snipping" technique to use on infants born alive.

Massof, who, like other witnesses, has himself pleaded guilty to serious crimes, testified "It would rain fetuses. Fetuses and blood all over the place." Here is the headline the Associated Press put on a story about his testimony that he saw 100 babies born and then snipped: "Staffer describes chaos at PA abortion clinic."

"Chaos" isn't really the story here. Butchering babies that were already born and were older than the state's 24-week limit for abortions is the story. There is a reason the late Democratic senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan called this procedure infanticide.

Planned Parenthood recently claimed that the possibility of infants surviving late-term abortions was "highly unusual." The Gosnell case suggests otherwise.

Regardless of such quibbles, about whether Gosnell was killing the infants one second after they left the womb instead of partially inside or completely inside the womb — as in a routine late-term abortion — is merely a matter of geography. That one is murder and the other is a legal procedure is morally irreconcilable.

A Lexis-Nexis search shows none of the news shows on the three major national television networks has mentioned the Gosnell trial in the last three months. The exception is when Wall Street Journal columnist Peggy Noonan hijacked a segment on Meet the Press meant to foment outrage over an anti-abortion rights law in some backward red state.

The Washington Post has not published original reporting on this during the trial and The New York Times saw fit to run one original story on A-17 on the trial's first day. They've been silent ever since, despite headline-worthy testimony.

Let me state the obvious. This should be front page news. When Rush Limbaugh attacked Sandra Fluke, there was non-stop media hysteria. The venerable NBC Nightly News' Brian Williams intoned, "A firestorm of outrage from women after a crude tirade from Rush Limbaugh," as he teased a segment on the brouhaha. Yet, accusations of babies having their heads severed — a major human rights story if there ever was one — doesn't make the cut.

You don't have to oppose abortion rights to find late-term abortion abhorrent or to find the Gosnell trial eminently newsworthy. This is not about being "pro-choice" or "pro-life." It's about basic human rights.

The deafening silence of too much of the media, once a force for justice in America, is a disgrace.

Kirsten Powers is a member of USA TODAY's Board of Contributors, a Fox News political analyst and columnist for The Daily Beast.
    Everyone knows about the mythical war on women. Everyone knows about Seamus the dog. A butcher in Philadelphia, two states that don't protect women's health and safety? Nothing, zero, zilch from the mainstream media. Where the hell is the outrage?
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2013, 04:47 AM
    Ugh...

Gosnell Witness: I assisted in abortions while in high school

By Joseph A. Slobodzian, INQUIRER STAFF WRITER
    Posted: April 11, 2013

Like a lot of high school sophomores, 15-year-old Ashley Baldwin found a job.

Baldwin, however, wasn't working retail or fast-food. She was doing ultrasounds, administering intravenous medicine and, ultimately, assisting in abortions performed by West Philadelphia doctor Kermit Gosnell.

Baldwin, now 22, and the mother of a two-year-old, today told a Philadelphia jury hearing Gosnell's murder trial of her unusual hands-on medical apprenticeship.

She also told of seeing at least five aborted babies moving, breathing and, in one case, "screeching," after procedures at Gosnells' Women's Medical Society clinic at 3801 Lancaster Ave.

"They looked just like regular babies," Baldwin said to Assistant District Attorney Joanne Pescatore.

Baldwin said one baby she saw was so big that Gosnell joked that "this baby is going to walk me home."

Baldwin was hired by Gosnell in September 2006. She had an in: her mother, Tina Baldwin, had worked there since 2001.

Ashley Baldwin has not been charged with any crime. Tina Baldwin, 47, has pleaded guilty to racketeering, conspiracy and corrupting a minor - her daughter - and will testify later today.

Gosnell, 72, is also charged with corrupting a minor involving Ashley Baldwin.

Like other Gosnell workers, Baldwin testified that Gosnell taught her the rudiments of using an ultrasound, administering IV medicine and some lab work. She said she was working legally because, as a doctor, he had "grandfathered her in."

Starting answering phones, Baldwin quickly moved up in the organization. By the time authorities raided the clinic in February 2010, Baldwin was going to school and working as much as 50 hours a week in the clinic, sometimes into the early morning.

Baldwin said she assisted Gosnell in abortions, applying pressure to the mother's abdomen, handing the doctor instruments and equipment.

She said she also saw Gosnell use scissors to "snip" the neck of newborns who were moving after the procedure.
    Crickets chirping...
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2013, 05:08 AM
    I'll give credit to Kirsten Powers . One of the few libs that think this is news worthy.
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2013, 06:46 AM
    Yep, the media doesn't want anyone to know real, live children are born from abortions just before getting whacked, that high school girls who should be studying and enjoying their teen years might be a part of it, that women may be risking their lives with these 'doctors' and that the agencies charged with protecting them look the other way - BY DESIGN - as the Grand Jury stated.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2013, 10:19 AM
    Notice how the lefties are essentially absent from commenting on this? I guess its because they condone this sort of thing.
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2013, 10:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Notice how the lefties are essentially absent from commenting on this? I guess its because they condone this sort of thing.
    I'm sure it's because of what they've have to admit.
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2013, 11:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    I'm sure it's because of what they've have to admit.
    Exactly... like how they defend the murder of unborn babies... and even newborn babies... while defending the right to life of mass murderers.
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2013, 11:33 AM
    Apparently if you want the media's attention when you mass murder children, you have to use a gun... scissors, scalpels, bare hands, etc. just aren't news worthy... even if the murders number in the thousands...
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2013, 11:39 AM
    Liberals are allowed to do anything.. they want by the left... absolutely anything they want. Including mass murder.
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2013, 01:39 PM
    This is the media section at the butcher of Philadelphia's trial.

Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2013, 01:54 PM
    Kirsten Powers is still on the job...
    Attached Images

Tuttyd Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Apr 12, 2013, 02:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    You guess wrong.

The whole thing is very sad on a number of levels.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2013, 05:08 PM
    Since you consider me a lefty I will comment even though the subject sickens me. I am against abortion. I believe it to be first degree murder and I think not only the abortionist but also the woman and any accomplice should be imprisioned. Only then would this rotten practice be stamped out apparently there are 3000 abortions a day in the USA
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2013, 04:25 AM
    Thanks Tut and Clete, maybe others will chime in now? Not holding my breath...
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2013, 04:37 AM
    As I was saying earlier, I suspect some are remaining silent on this because of what they would have to admit. It puts a rather large kink in their arguments, such has been used against me here. Here's the first...

Where is that same assiduousness on the Gosnell case, a case that shocks the conscience? This story -- which if nothing else suggests that live births do, in fact, happen during late- term abortions -- upsets a particular narrative about the reality of certain types of abortion, and that reality isn’t something some pro-choice absolutists want to discuss.
    More to come...
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2013, 05:29 AM
    Ugh...

Kermit Gosnell's Website Openly Offered "Late Terminations," Sedation Choices

Looking out for women's health in PA.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2013, 05:48 AM
    Hello:

It's been suggested that I support this horrid doctor. I don't. It's also been suggested that abortion LEADS to this kind of savagery. It doesn't.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where are the best paying jobs for meat cutters/butchers in Chicago? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a meat cutter with four years of experience, and I am thinking of relocating to Chicago, I heard meat cutters get paid better up there that are in the union, so my question is where would I go to find some of the better paying jobs as a meat cutter?

Philadelphia county marriage [ 5 Answers ]

So my fiancé and I are attemptimg to have a courthouse wedding.. I understand that we will need two witnesses and proper documentation... but how do we go about scheduling the appointment for our license and the actually ceremony with the judge.. we were applying on 9.14 and want the wedding to...

Philadelphia local tax [ 1 Answers ]

What is SUI/SDI taxes and what is it used for?

View more questions Search