Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hannahmarie02 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2013, 06:34 AM
    Being a teacher?
    Okay,so my eldest child who is 16 at the moments wants to study being a teacher,
    She's wanted to do this ever since she was 14 and wants to ask some questions,can anyone help:

Does anyone know the grades you have to get to be a primary teacher?
    Do you have to start by being a nursery teacher and then work your way up?
    How much do you get paid for being a primary teacher?
    How much do you get paid for being a primary teacher assistant?

Thanks for your help all helpful comments much appropriated
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 10, 2013, 07:25 AM
    Does anyone know the grades you have to get to be a primary teacher? You want to study hard and get good grades (B and above) no matter what career you go into. "Primary" doesn't mean easy. I taught preschool for three years and subbed in kindergarten while the teacher was out on sick leave. I've also taught other grades up to 8th grade and tutored students in high school. The hardest work I did in teaching was in preschool and kindergarten. At that level, they don't know much of anything, so you begin teaching the basics, even about shapes and colors and how to zip their jackets and how to walk nicely in a straight line to the bathroom. You teach every second of the day. My favorite grade was 4th -- they know a lot but still need to learn more and are very open to learning, like little sponges soaking up facts, so it was fun to explore with them.

Do you have to start by being a nursery teacher and then work your way up? No.

How much do you get paid for being a primary teacher? It depends on where you live and what kind of school it is, public or private or parochial. (P.S. Your students will imitate you, so spelling correctly is very important. It's "paid," not "payed.")

How much do you get paid for being a primary teacher assistant? That also depends. See answer directly above.

Get as much experience as you can, as a Sunday School teacher or camp counselor or babysitter or just hang out with kids on your block and read books with them and play card or board games with them with their parents' permission, maybe while their moms work around the house or do mom things. The younger kids on my block had made up a newspaper ("News for Youse") and delivered it to neighborhood homes once a week, so I helped supervisor that. Also, take CPR classes and learn to swim/lifesaving and take babysitting classes, if possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Movie song teacher teacher can't you see [ 0 Answers ]

A movie from the early 90's late 80's about a kid playing in his room and going to different places

My teacher NEEDS to know [ 1 Answers ]

My teacher needs to know the name of a book about a princess who has to decide if her boyfriend, who is not in her social class, should be eaten by a lion, or marry another beautiful lady, I don't know the name of the book but I REALLY need to, my grade in journalism depends on it, PLEASE HELP ME...

Teacher needs help [ 7 Answers ]

Have a 10 year old student with the following characteristics: Volitle.. emotionally, not physically Mild to moderately paranoid Dislikes most people, yet is very sweet and clingy to me No social skills Immature Insecure Gets very loud and emotional Repeats phrases... I hate you... you...

View more questions Search