Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ejd44 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2013, 05:54 AM
    Blower motor
    Woke up this morning to this burning smell coming from the ac closet. There was a low hum I turned it off and took the cover off there was a low hum coming from blower motor and it was hot to the touch just to see what was going on I turned the unit back on hum got a little louder and fan began to turn but very slowly .I also in off position I was able to spin the fan freely so its not bearings so the verdict
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Apr 10, 2013, 06:08 AM
    Replace the motor along with the run capacitor for the new run motor. I always suggest a new run capacitor since it is false economy otherwise to depend upon that old capacitor. Make sure you get it set for the proper rotation on final electric check before putting it back in service. Easy job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman furnace gmpn080-4 no power to blower motor replaced motor [ 1 Answers ]

Getting 110v to the transformer and purge motor but 0 volts to the blower motor from the circuit board

Trane xv90 blower motor doesn't. Motor is free, unit is 7 years, not t-stat. Thanks [ 2 Answers ]

I believe I have troubleshot this down to either the blower motor or their Integrated Controller board. 120VAC to motor OK but too many other wires from board to motor for motor control to test (variable speed) without advice or a manual. Motor is rated for 100% duty cycle and has only been run...

Fan Motor or Blower Motor? Trane XB80 [ 0 Answers ]

Outside fan motor clicks and hums - are the fan motor (outside) and blower motor (to circulate the air) tied together? i.e. if one is out, neither will work? If so - how do you diagnose which motor is out? This is on a Trane XB80 Furnace & Air Conditioner

Has anyone upgraded their Furnace Blower Motor to the new Emerson Eco Motor? [ 0 Answers ]

The Eco Motor is supossed to be much easier on the power consumption.

Goodman furnace will ?heat motor? And blower motor will run but not at same time [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old Goodman, gas, no heat pump. There is a flashing LED that blinks once ever 4 seconds. Also, blower motor does not stay on always. We did smell something like an electrical burn. I'm guess my blower motor is fried?

View more questions Search