Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bob solos Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2013, 04:14 AM
    Compare volumes
    Amita wants to make a mold for a candle. She wants the shape of the candle to be a rectangular prism with a volume of exactly 28 cubic centimeters. She wants the sides to be in whole centimeters. How many different molds can she make?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Apr 10, 2013, 06:07 AM
    Have you attempted to write out combinations of integers that multiply to 28? Start by finding the prime factors of 28, and see how many combinations of these numbers plus the number 1 you can make so that you have three numbers that multiply to 28. Ignore duplicate answers (i.e the same set of numbers in a different order don't count).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas Volumes related to temperature and pressure. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Im stuck on this question: The volume of a certain mass of gas is 150dm^3. The kelvin temperature of the gas is doubled and the pressure is halved. What is the volume of the gas now?

Find the monthly sales volumes [ 3 Answers ]

The unit production costs at a normal volume of 2000 units per month are : Direct materials $15.00 per unit Direct labour $28.00 per unit Factory overhead $9.00 per unit The factory overhead includes fixed overhead costs of $4 per units. Variable...

Areas and volumes of similar shapes [ 5 Answers ]

A model statue is 10cm high and has a volume of 100cm cubed. The real statue is 2.4 m high. What is the volume of the real statue? Give your answer in m cubed. Can you please explain how the answer is 1.38m cubed?:confused:

Tube Volumes [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, This is just a portion of my project. I am supposed to get the total mass of a roll cage tube in order to estimate the total cost. I have 3 different tubes, circular, square and hexagonal. The circular tube volume is: V=(do^2-din^2) x Pi/4 x L (for hollow tube) V=d^2 x Pi/4 x L (for...

View more questions Search