Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    superstar18 Posts: 380, Reputation: 5

Apr 9, 2013, 08:42 PM
    Failing a class help
    I'm failing one of my classes. I'm not sure what to do and how to go forward to it with my parents. It's entirely my fault as well I just became lazy and too much social life. I have also been really stressed as well. At least I'm owning up to it and blaming it on myself. I'm sure it happens to a lot of people. I feel like a major failure. I'm an adult now and I should take responsibility for my actions. Another reason I'm not doing so well is because I'm not even sure what I want to do anymore to be honest.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 10, 2013, 02:25 AM
    This is part of what you wrote a year ago:
    "I'm done with my first year of college....I'm not sure what I want to do anymore. I switched my degree once already and I'm still deciding if I want to switch it again. Currently my degree is culinary and I'm starting to have doubts about it.....My next option would be early childhood education.... If I change my degree again I feel like I'm a quitter and no good for anything....I feel also that if I do it again I am letting down my parents....It seems like everything that I'm passionate about is going away."

Did you switch to early childhood education?

I do understand the conflict between allowing parents to pay for some or all of your education and not wanting to let them down, vs not wanting to do what it is you are doing. Sure, you can go out on your own and get a menial job and be constantly broke. That's what I did, many years ago, when I dropped out of college. I was very depressed and didn't know it, and didn't really even know the word in those days. It isn't clear from what you say if you are having too much fun or are seriously lost about your life. Any insight?
    superstar18 Posts: 380, Reputation: 5

Apr 10, 2013, 10:24 PM
    Well see that is the problem I really don't know what to do. I changed my degree again because I thought I could do more than just teaching little kids, but then when I changed my degree it just got even worse. My parents actually aren't helping me pay for school I just don't want to let them down. My parents are strict when it comes to school. This is the first semester which I feel like I'm failing all of my classes. My problem is that I need to focus and study harder, but I just don't know what I want to study anymore. I'm just not that motivated this semester, but I don't want to quit college.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 10, 2013, 10:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by superstar18 View Post
    Well see that is the problem I really don't know what to do. I changed my degree again because I thought I could do more than just teaching little kids, but then when I changed my degree it just got even worse. My parents actually aren't helping me pay for school I just don't want to let them down. My parents are strict when it comes to school. This is the first semester which I feel like I'm failing all of my classes. My problem is that I need to focus and study harder, but I just don't know what I want to study anymore. I'm just not that motivated this semester, but I don't want to quit college.
    You must have an advisor. Talk with that person or with the dean of students. It sounds like you need to sit down with someone who will help you figure out where you are headed. My suggestiion is take a general major like on a liberal arts track or a business track -- general enough so that you can apply that learning and those skills in a variety of jobs. And just because you get a degree in early childhood education doesn't mean you have to do that. My degree in elem education got me all sorts of good jobs -- in hospitals, drugstores, bookstores, with a major insurance company, and of course teaching -- and finally put me where I figured out I wanted to be, in public libraries.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Class boundaries,class width,class mid-point [ 0 Answers ]

Find the class width of the following, 3-7 8-10 11-15 16-18 19-25.

2 class 4 use of a wire and class 6 possession of a forgery device [ 3 Answers ]

Now I was arrested oct.9 2008 in az for the use of a wire, However I was paged 2. what that means is more charges. I only walked away with 2 felonies in that case , but I had got paged 2 twice only because they did not know who to charge with what, is all this on my arrest record, and do I have to...

Construct a table for class,freq, midpoint,class boundary,relative req,and cumulati [ 1 Answers ]

Construct a table for class,freq, midpoint,class boundary,relative req,and cumulative freg? Number of classes:5 Data set:35,32,51,39,44,41,42,38,37,42,38,39,36,40,39,46,44,37,43,35,40,41,40,39

What level or class felony is poss/w intent to distribute class d [ 3 Answers ]

In criminal law is possession with intent to distribute class d "one gram " a major or minor felony? I have this on my record because in mass there was no limit to be charged this way But now it is a civil offence no longer a crime.now that mass law is changed when it comes to marijauna will my...

View more questions Search