Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wicks N Things Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2013, 06:15 PM
    Marketing a candle business
    I recently started a candle business manufacturing hand poured candles. I created a good website and have done a few fairs to sell candles. How can I get my business name out there and get people to see my website to sell my candles?
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

Apr 12, 2013, 10:09 AM
    Definitely make a page on Facebook and put advertisement on Facebook. You can also promote your post about your products on it. Make direct contact with customers and have their opinions.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 12, 2013, 10:27 AM
    Ebay, Etsy, and Amazon.
    Wicks N Things is already taken on Facebook.
    Wicks N More is a competitor.
    I don't care for either name, but that's just me. Things? More? N? Too cute and sort of trendy but not.
    Even a mundane name like Iowa Candle sounds better to me.
    You could do 'state flower' candles, starting with Iowa, and state bird.

I see that Yankee Candle (that sold for 1.6 BILLION 6 years ago) is for sale again... it's extremely competitive now, unlike 45 years ago.
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

Apr 13, 2013, 10:58 AM
    You have to do research on it. You need to specialize in something which will attract customers. People should feel that your candles are unique and special.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 13, 2013, 06:54 PM
    Yes please research business names, I was tied up over a business name in court a few years ago. And advertise your web page, there are rules and submission sites to help get your business found on search engines.

Also local advertising, Candles is very tough business, with lots of companies, but money to be made if you find the right "click"

Also check with many of the churches, most have rules of purity for candles and church supply houses cost a fortune for them. And churches, many use candles weekly and some daily.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marketing/Advertising my new cleaning business [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I just started a residential and commercial cleaning service. We are needed some helpful tips on how to gain clients. We are licensed and insured. Just need customers. Please help!

Network marketing business [ 0 Answers ]

Give me some chance about this business

Marketing my own cleaning business [ 6 Answers ]

How would I market my cleaning business

Starting a Candle Business [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to sell my candles need some help how to start.

Small candle and primitive business [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and i, own a small candle and primitive business, we make all the candlesd tripple scent all on site. We buy primitives from wholesale and resale them. Do i triple it @200% it or 100% it and double it we have three stores up the road so we want to bet our comnpetitors n price witch it...

View more questions Search