Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SAB123 Posts: 685, Reputation: 94

Jun 29, 2007, 11:43 AM
    I don't want ex back and I am 95% emotionally healed. But is it natural not to miss but maybe be jealous or mad when you hear something about your ex. She never made her self look good for me. And my cousin jeff's (who I don't talk too) wife put hair extensions in my ex'x hair. First of all my ex hated her said she was a b***H. Now their friends what's up with that.That BS. They live about 8 house from each other. My cousin told my sister that she was going on about her new boyfriend and some how I see here drive past my house all the time. This driving buy the house doesn't bother me it's the her looking good now for him and I quess the rubbing it in my face when she drives buy. Why would she do this I would never do this to her. The one thing that gets me is when she road past my house on her bike on Sun and look at me with said eyes. Like she wants me back and that's every time I see her. Then I e-mail asking if her if she all right because she look so sad, did your new boyfriend hurt you. She said our relationship is over I am in a committed realationship now. Thank you if you meen well and said best wishes. Why would she look at me sad then tell me this. I'm not upset or really missing her but just agravated. Please commit on this question.

Jul 3, 2007, 10:40 AM
    How do you know you are truly over ex.
    1. How do you know you are truly over your ex. She was my first love and I think of her but its more of a dead emotion that I'm feeling is the end of healing process.

2. I get anxious now I don't think its from my ex but I don't know why. I think it's because I'm very lonely and now I'm worried that I may never find anyone again.I am picky a little. But now it's a different feeling from 5 months ago. Is this because I miss ex or lonely?

3. Do you peak off in your healing at a certain percentage for first loves. They say you always think/remember your first loves So lets say yoy only heal 90% then you date second girl and you don't think about them as much as first love.

4. Does age help to forget them.

5. Has any body gotten over their first love then 6 months later after you have healed run into them buy themselves or especially with a new boyfriend and those feeling you once had for them come rushing back to the point where you are hurting and missing them again. I see her and it doesn't bother me but I'm afraid if I see her with some dude I will get jealous or something.

6. Do ex's think of or usually want their old boyfriends back when they are dumped in the next relationship if it was a bad one, and remember how good they had it with the one they dumped. (although she has broken up with me 5-6 times in 4.5 years)

7. Has anybody cry or hurt really bad or have a moment about their ex's lets say years down the road.
    Dennis777 Posts: 478, Reputation: 124

Jul 3, 2007, 11:03 AM
    Hello

Hopefully you will always have part of your Ex in your heart and that's great. Its how we learn and build to our next relationship. We take the good and bad from each relationship to teach us in life. Every good and bad experience makes us stronger and a better person. The joy teaches us how to love others and ourself. The pain helps us know how not to hurt others in the future.

You will find Mrs. Right when you let yourself relax and enjoy life. A person that loves life is like a magnet and the Ladies will be drawn to you. It takes time but the more you find yourself right now the better you will be in the future.

If you see your ex you will feel hurt at first but if you like your life then you can go on knowing your better off from knowing her and your on your way to a better life without her. The Key is stop pulling away from life, its time to get back into it.

Your normally an ex for a reason so most of the time getting back together doesn't work. You not only have the problems from the past you have changed and unless you grew the same direction you will have less in common then before.

Good Luck
    Dennis777
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2007, 04:17 PM
    Yes Its been 6 months and I went to a festival on Saturday wit her and I fell for her all over again, took drusg I shouldn't have and have been paying the affects the past three days. I told her I still liked her. Shouldn't have done it but hey.. .

Jul 5, 2007, 10:14 AM
    Is this normal to go weeks without hurting, started to get good sleeping again then all of a sudden feel like s**t and hurt or can't sleep. And it happened rite out of the blue. When or how much longer will I be to be recovered. We did break up out of the blue how did she move on so fast and get some new clown.

Jul 17, 2007, 10:13 AM
    I don't know what my ex's intentions are but it seems like her son step brother and sister have been driving and stopping over more. The step brother came over and told me she bought a new convertiable. I don't know if she put them up to it but my question is. I don't want to know what she is doing or buying. Should I tell the step brother don't bring my ex up ever again. If I do say this he may tell her and she may think I'm not over her. (which I'm not) I don't want her to see this as a sign of weakness. Or should I deal with what ever he says. He very really brings her up unless I do but he didn't with the car. Because when someone tells me info I get upset.

Aug 6, 2007, 09:28 AM
    Update, It's been over 6 months since my ex fiancé ripped my heart out again. I know I am well recovered enough never to take or speak to my ex again. I just need to know if I am at the end of my healing process. The past week I hardly dream of her any more. But it seems like when I drive home from work every day or every couple of days I will get very anxsiuous and feels like I want to burst out crying in my car but I don't and I feel this way only for about an hour. Then I'm totally fine. Then I talk my sister said yes she does have a boy friend which I kind of new but I wasn't hurt. Then my dad said she saw her and her son at car show. Then when my dad brings her up I got upset, Why did I get upset when my dad said he saw her but didn't get up set when my sister mentioned new guy.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 10:15 AM
    Just curious have you ever, before you met her, ever felt like like crying or felt saddness for an hour a day? Perhaps that's some form of depression and has nothing to do with the ex. Either way it sounds like your maybe not quite there at the end but reaching the end.

Aug 6, 2007, 10:31 AM
    Chuff, Never felt sad or depressed for hour a day but was thoew out my 20's I wasn't sad but felt scared and lonely that I wouldn't never meet someone and have a relationship with. I was very picky of girls. But now again I have those same feeling like before. But I do see now that I will be happier without her.
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 10:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SAB123
    Update, It's been over 6 months since my ex fiancé ripped my heart out again. I know I am well recovered enough never to take or speak to my ex again. I just need to know if I am at the end of my healing process. The past week I hardly dream of her any more. But it seems like when I drive home from work every day or every couple of days I will get very anxsiuous and feels like I want to burst out crying in my car but I don't and I feel this way only for about an hour. Then I'm totaly fine. Then I talk my sister said yes she does have a boy friend which I kinda of new but I wasn't hurt. Then my dad said she saw her and her son at car show. Then when my dad brings her up I got upset, Why did I get upset when my dad said he saw her but didn't get up set when my sister mentioned new guy.

I think (from what you write) that you are far from where you feel you should be. I sense that you are still hurting and albeit after 6 months, there is nothing to be ashamed of.

The answer to your question about why you got upset when your dad said he saw her (possibly with a new guy) is that no matter how much you try to fight it, you are still in some way hung up on her and againnthis is normal.

No matter how much time passes, it does not matter, it takes time and there is no rule, I believe also that even if you do heal, you can still get moments... Moments when you reminisce, you remember the past.

Try however to not let people talk about her because that is just digging up s**t and living too much in the past.
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 10:53 AM
    Looking back at your past can be a good thing but dwelling on mistakes and misfortunes too much is a misfortune in itself.

Aug 6, 2007, 10:58 AM
    Yes seems like people keep bringing her up, then I'll answer their question then complain later that I keep talking about her which I trying not to do. But I did tell my dad never to bring her name up again and I will do to the rest of my friends. I probably got upset because my dad said if we get back together she will never be welcomed in his house again. But I just hurt sometimes, I mean when I'm alone I think of her a little bit then I'll drift back and forth of thinking of her. But when I'm out with friends I don't think of her at all. Do you think it's to soon to start dating. My dad didn't say she was with someone but that poped up in my mind maybe because I thought the new guy was with her and her son.
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 02:06 PM
    Its all vicious circle mate..

People can see you are still hung up on her even though you are trying not to be and thereby instigating conversation about her. They can see what you are feeling and don't realise that what you need is not to reminisce. It is however an aura you will give off for a while even without realising it. When you truly let go, this aura will fade a little.

You will get there.. It takes a while.
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 06:43 PM
    I am at seven months now and I still think about my ex a lot. I have dreams about her now and again, wonder now I have gone no contact, will she ring me, is she with anyone bla bla. I feel lonely a lot of the time but I keep busy and I am looking good, I have a good new job + final year of uni coming up. I do lots of sports and see my friends a lot and I feel finally that I am getting back to myself. No more anxiety etc.

I agree with everyone's comments above, Its going to take time. Probably over a year it seems for us both but one day people will no longer talk about her, you will find at one point you have not thought about her all week! Then that will grow longer and longer. I got over someone I 'loved', took me about a year or so but I still think of them a few times in the week, wonder how they are doing etc.

Does sound like you have improved a lot but you have a way to go yet! There is no need to cry! Life is what you make it, so make it work for you and get happy, real happy, GO CLIMB a mountain lol, do something crazy! Anyway let go keep busy.
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 07:41 PM
    Chuff, Never felt sad or depressed for hour a day but was thoew out my 20's I wasn't sad but felt scared and lonely that I wouldn't never meet someone and have a relationship with. I was very picky of girls. But now again I have those same feeling like before. But I do see now that I will be happier without her.
    Read that over again.

I think you and I read that very differently. And I think you read it and say it and think it the wrong way.

You said through out your 20's you were picky and scared of being lonely. Well not only will those two emotions work against one another but they also say something about you that I don't think you give yourself enough credit for if you give yourself credit at all.

You are picky, which although you might be too picky it says a lot about you in that you won't just accept any one. They must meet a certain standard that you have. Most guys, and sadly including me, are just happy to get a girl to smile at them. You hold yourself to a different level and I think that says something about your confidence in that you won't accept just anybody.

Somehow I don't think you see it that way. I think you say your picky then beat yourself up for being lonely. Well instead of being lonely be happy and confident that you don't need someone to make you happy.

Also I get the impression that during your 20's you may have been afraid to get into a relationship for whatever reason. But don't you see, you've done it, and you've got out with some pain, but you've worked through that and your getting better by the day. My point is that you've grown as a person and you've learned (even if you didn't think of it as learning) that you can not only be in a relationship but you can deal with the end of it and come out the better and stronger person.

There are so many positives that come from that little bit you wrote and I just get the feeling your either ignoring them or not seeing them but you've got to give yourself some credit and realize and see that your stronger then you want to accept.

Aug 7, 2007, 08:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chuff
    I think you say your picky then beat yourself up for being lonely. Well instead of being lonely be happy and confident that you don't need someone to make you happy.
    Yes, I did do this until I met my ex when I was 29. And I was very picky with her. In fact at first I didn't even want to date her. She persude me like the wind and then I fell in love with her about 5 months later. And after reading what you said over and over now that I think of it I don't need somebody to make me happy I was happy and single before I met her, but lonely without the companionship of a woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuff
    Also I get the impression that during your 20's you may have been afraid to get into a relationship for whatever reason.
    And yes you are correct again, I didn't really want to get into a relationship. I think in those private e-mails we were discussing a while back, I said because I just wanted to party and have a good time. Now after reading your answer over and over I can honestly say I was scared to get into a relationship because I was scared of being hurt and seeing every other couple fighting all the time.

But is this natural to start drifting backwards I was fine for about 3 weeks and now it seems like missing her again which hasn't bothered me, I mean I DON'T want her back , I will never speak to her again and I can see her for what she is (A selfish user) and if we would have gotten married I would have been sooo miserable with her. Knowing this why can't I completely let go of her. I have let go, but I don't think I have fully let go of her. Is my subconsious telling not to because since she has broken up with me so many times that she may come back again. Because deep down I feel one day she will try to be part of my life.
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2007, 07:47 PM
    And yes you are correct again, I didn't really want to get into a relationship. I think in those private e-mails we were discussing a while back, I said because I just wanted to party and have a good time. Now after reading your answer over and over I can honestly say I was scared to get into a relationship because I was scared of being hurt and seeing every other couple fighting all the time.

I don't think I was clear in my last post. As I read it back it doesn't exactly read the way I was thinking. What I was trying to express was that you had this fear of being hurt which may have stopped you from getting involved or pursuing some people while at the same time not settling for just any one. You had the confidence to know that you were worth more then just any one but you also didn't want to get hurt.

While what I'm saying now is you still have the confidence of not needing to just be with anybody as you have stuck to your standards and core beliefs. But you have also now experienced being dumped, dealing with the loss, and overcoming the situation. Now you have the previous confidence and the GAINED experience of knowing that you can deal with a relationship and the loss and still live through it and be okay and comfortable with yourself.

So now you are in an even better position as you have stuck by your true core beliefs but gained experience and can deal with a loss (if one should occur in the future) and know that in the end you will be okay and capable of moving forward.

Aug 6, 2008, 11:18 AM
    Update from breakup
    I haven't posted in awhile but for those who remember my my story last year, I would like to let every one that helped me get through probably the worst time of my life getting over my ex fiancé that I am doing great. I took me a little over a 1 year and 4 months to really get over her and want to thank all those who helped me. And I realize what a piece of garbage she really was. Thanks
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2008, 11:28 AM
    Congrats man! Keep it up
    curiousteenager Posts: 16, Reputation: 5

Oct 26, 2008, 09:05 PM

Sometimes when you have your first love it's a special memory. Kind of like your first bike ride without the training wheels or losing your first tooth. You don't want to lose this memory because its special to you. Don't worry though because unlike these memories, this one WILL happen again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does she keep coming back [ 11 Answers ]

I started dating a girl in October. The first three weeks went well but after that everything went down hill. We would always argue and break up and get back together, it was crazy. We both have treated treated really badly at times. But neither one of us can let go of the other one exspecially...

An ex coming back [ 20 Answers ]

Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've been really busy with school and work. For those of you who don't remember, a little while back I was pretty messed up about my girlfriend of 2 years dumping me a little while after she started living at school (even though it was only like an hour...

Is my ex-coming back ? [ 23 Answers ]

Hello People, I would love anyone to jump in here and help me. I have been with this girl for 5 years. We were in love and were living together, and I was planing on proposing to her this June -- on her B-Day, and then this January I woke up one day and my life has completely changed. This girl...

Why does she keep coming back? [ 3 Answers ]

I started dating a girl in October. The first three weeks went well but after that everything went down hill. We would always argue and break up and get back together, it was crazy. We both have treated treated really badly at times. But neither one of us can let go of the other one exspecially...

View more questions Search