Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2013, 03:53 PM
    A new dialogue
    I know that Tom is going to be horrified by this OP telling us all his predictions have come true but here is a indication China is shifting more to the west

Gillard scores coup with China agreement

Australia now has a relationship with China enjoyed by a few nations and contrary to Tom's past blusterings this does not mean a Chinese take over or lesser US influence in the region. I particularly note a direct dialogue between the Australian and Chinese heads which should make for some interesting discussions
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2013, 04:10 PM
    If I were the Chinese ,I'd be looking to chip away at ANZUS too.

Let me quote you country's defense white paper circa 2009 :
    A major power of China's stature can be expected to develop a globally significant military capability befitting its size. But the pace, scope and structure of China's military modernisation have the potential to give its neighbours cause for concern if not carefully explained, and if China does not reach out to others to build coincidence regarding its military plans.

I'd say they have done nothing to satisfy their neighbor's concerns . Quite the opposite . They have become increasingly belligerent .

Yes I understand that China buys the resources from your soil .But I hope Red Julia doesn't think she'll appease them by giving favorable trade terms.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2013, 04:25 PM
    On the contrary we would be seeking open access to their market for some products and they would be looking to us to take such products as auto's. We will need their rare earths, the trade isn't all one way and we do a big trade in education and tourism. China isn't our neighbour but we are a very large trading partner in 2012 our exports to China were $78 Billion and our imports $43 Billion

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Epic movie dialogue please help [ 0 Answers ]

Altight here is the link to the epic movie dialogue , I'm trying to figure out were it came from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTfE_y4OqPk please help

Foreign film -no dialogue [ 2 Answers ]

Hi A film I watched two years ago. Begins with a man and woman in chemical warfare contamination clothing in the countryside, go to a farmhouse and find people in bed dead from presumed virus. On eof them snags their suit and is contaminated. No dialogue until a radio is found but then dialogue...

European Movie called Traffic - late 60s. No dialogue [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone remember the European movie called "Traffic". A silent movie i.e.. Very little diaolgue. I saw it in Melbourne in late 60s early 70s. It depicted a motor Expo in Belgium (I think) and many shots of car drivers on the roads and freeways in europe. The humour was totally derived from...

Searching for dialogue-less Spy movie [ 1 Answers ]

Somewhere out there is this great black and white spy movie from the 1940s (?) era which is filled with incredible suspense, but there is absolutely no dialogue. Anybody know the title?

Internet Dial Up Dialogue [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem with a computer running windows 98. When it boots up it gets to the log on dialogue then prompts you to dial up to the internet. In order to get rid of it you have to click cancel as fast as you can about 20 or 30 times and this doesn't always get rid of it. I thought it was...

View more questions Search