Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    citylover Posts: 79, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2007, 04:03 AM
    Meeeting with my boss
    I have a meeting coming up with my boss about a situation at work. We had some issues that came up and I had left for the day. At the time I left all seemed OK. My boss called me at home and asked me to go back and said I should have been more proactive and not left. I explained that all was OK when I left , So I returned to work. He was still angry about it. This happened 3 weeks ago. On the same day I discussed it with my boss now he wants to discuss it again.. . some 3 weeks later. I believe this really about a deeper issue which is my shift.

I have a co-worker who I know is after a better shift and wants mine. He has been brown-nosing the boss like crazy to get my shift and have me moved elsewhere. I saw a note that he wrote to someone saying the boss wanted to know what would make him happy and that the boss just needed to figure out how to juggle things. I find it strange that I am only being called in 3 weeks after this event and I believe it is being used as a strategy/excuse to put my co-worker in my shift.

On the same day I made this happened the same co-woker was supposed to be there at a certain time to take over from me and deal with the problems and sauntered in like it was nothing an 1hr 30 min late. My boss called to speak to the co-worker for an update & I was still there covering because the co-worker had not arrived. He asked me "where is he, he is supposed to be there by now" I said I did not know. He arrived and later gave the boss a lame traffic excuse, but told me otherwise. This co-worker is not a team player and very lazy and has the boss thinking he is so perfect.

Now I have this meeting and I know I need to defend myself and also face losing my shift to someone who has kissed the bosses' butt to get my shift. What do I say in this meeting?
    I know I cannt bash another employee it won't come off good but I need to draw some of this person's responsibility that day and in general as well to the bosses' attention.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 21, 2007, 07:55 AM
    You are about to walk into a rock and a very hard place. Currently it sounds like your boss is still angry with you. You need to tuck your tail a bit and as him for advice and directions so you can help him meet his goals.

Mar 23, 2007, 04:00 PM
    Well I met with mys boss and my boss was very angry. I got a letter in my file and a demotion. The brown-noser was given my shift just as I knew it would happen. I plan to look for another job I will not be happy this way.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2007, 04:06 PM
    Yes, look for another job. Learn whatever lessons you can from your current job to apply to any future employment. Watch yourself closely, mind your business and your work, skip the office politics. Not saying that all will be peaches and cream but it has to be better, right? Good luck to you.

Mar 23, 2007, 04:07 PM
    Thanks
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 23, 2007, 04:18 PM
    As a retired HR director in a school system that chaps my hide. Office politics total stinks and it's a shame the boss is falling for it. You need a boss who is above this garbage. Best of luck pal.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2007, 04:21 PM
    Agrees - office politics has ruined many a good career and person. Ought to be a law against it - maybe there is - but how to prove anything?
    crocop Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2007, 03:16 PM
    I think this is just 'life'. This kind of crap has been going on for practically ever. U have good smart bosses who know how to recognise a good solid worker and appreciate him, and u have fools who like yes-men and those who are willing to kiss youknowwhat. In my opinion u did the only thing u could. Fighting back would only cause u stress, and u would never win, but merely reduce yourself to their level. It's sad, but that's life.
    AW805 Posts: 283, Reputation: 43

May 7, 2007, 02:45 PM
    Hate to say it but every boss needs a "yes man" / brown noser.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My boss and Her boyfriend [ 6 Answers ]

My boss has a boyfriend that's young about 20 years younger than she is, well they go through this spells where now she has kicked him out the house and his back into his mom's, nice guy his just young and stupid, well the first time she took him back, the second time she took him back, the third...

My husband's Boss/Friend [ 7 Answers ]

My husband has worked for and with his boss for about 7 years now. Over that time, we have become close with the family. His boss is married and they have two children - 12 and 16. Over time, his boss has struggled with alcohol and fitness addictions. Lately, he seems to have become addicted...

My boss won't let me come back to work. [ 4 Answers ]

I've been off work for a month due to surgery,the doctor gave me a note saying I can return to work but on light duty for the first two weeks. My boss won't let me return to work until I am all better. I am a cashier and most of my work is light duty type work, the heavy stuff has been done by...

Trying to please the boss [ 2 Answers ]

Help please - I love to cook- all sorts of foods and my boss knows this and know he has asked me to make something from his past and I can't find a rec. for it anywhere - The name of it is Sarmoli Momaliga (its a romaninan dish ) Im sure I spelled it totally wrong but you get the idea ....

View more questions Search