Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    momma5 Posts: 134, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2013, 01:53 PM
    10yo stomach pain.
    10 Yo Daughter Complains Of Stomach Pain About The Same Time Every Month. Appendix Already Been Removed. Talked To Pediatrician And They Said Most Likely She's Beginning Puberty. Any Thoughts? Slight Low Grade Fever Sometimes Also ( 99.1°).
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 8, 2013, 01:59 PM
    Everyone's threshold of pain runs at a different scale. She is at the time of change and menses could be a possibility. Have you spoken to her about this? If not then it is time. Also try as best you can to record when the complaints occur and see if it is a cycle. As a woman you would know much better then I what she could expect.

Apr 8, 2013, 02:07 PM
    Yes We've Discussed It Along W Her Pediatrician. She Has A Very Low Pain Threshold Also Which Doesn't Help.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 8, 2013, 02:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by momma5 View Post
    Yes Weve Discussed It Along W Her Pediatrician. She Has A Very Low Pain Threshold Also Which Doesnt Help.
    Just try to be compassionate because if she has already had her appendix removed then she may have a fear that is also pushing things until they become "normal" for her. Im sure to a 10 y/o that any pain in that area brings a feeling of the past happening all over again. That added anxiety can caus things to misalaign in her mind. It's a critical time for all of you.

Apr 8, 2013, 02:19 PM
    Yea We've Discussed That Too. ITs Also Difficult Because Im Not Her Biological Mother So My Personal Experience Can Only Go So Far With Her... And TryingTo Contact Her Biological Mother To Discuss What Her Cycle Was Like Is Impossible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Stomach pain [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 52 years old and constapated doctor has given me lactalose but I think its IBS I have pains in my back and bloating feel a bit sick at times and loads of trapped wind mite even havee cholic disease .

24 weeks 5 days stomach pain, back pain [ 3 Answers ]

Iam 24 weeks 5 days today I had my hospital appointment this morning and everything was fine, this afternoon when I was walking to my car my stomach started to really hurt where I had to bend over to settle it, since then I have had 2 tightings in the last hour and a half, still have tummy pain, I...

Stomach pain [ 2 Answers ]

I have had severe pain in my stomach since yesterday. It comes and goes every 30 minutes to an hour and last just a minute or two. It feels like my whole stomach is twisting in a ball and then releaseing. Should I go to a hospital or is this normal with certain viruses?

Stomach pain [ 2 Answers ]

Just had a baby .I seem to be having pain each time I eat something

Pain in stomach [ 11 Answers ]

I've had bad pains in my stomach under my ribs and across the pain is worse when I'm walking and it also swells up what can it be as I'm really worried ts something bad

View more questions Search