Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 12, 2013, 07:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Yes that's what happens in a cold war, someone goes the way of the dinosaurs, If I remember Star Wars correctly there were going to be satellites shooting laser cannons, we haven't quite got there yet ,and iron dome; well it isn't more than 50% successful against short range rockets, can't imagine its capable against a long range missile. Reagan had an idea and the rhetoric worked well, but the reality? his successors didn't have the same vision

By the war the rail gun works on magentic, not electronic
    As far as laser statellites that idea was shelved because it was too expensive and you couldn't aim them as fast as other platforms. They took them and mounted them on planes and warships A lot of what we were doing during the end times of the cold war was purely disinformation. But because of commitments it had to be acted upon by the Soviets. The ral gun / cannon didn't come from the star wars era. Its actually an idea that was around in WW2. Its just that technology has caught up with it and can be put to use.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2013, 07:47 PM
    By the war the rail gun works on magentic, not electronic
    HowStuffWorks "How Rail Guns Work"
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2013, 08:03 PM
    Electromagnetic does not mean electronic
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2013, 01:53 AM
    The power supply is simply a source of electric current. Typically, the current used in medium- to large-caliber rail guns is in the millions of amps...

An electric current runs from the positive terminal of the power supply, up the positive rail, across the armature, and down the negative rail back to the power supply[/B].
    Popular Mechanics describes it as an Electric Cannon...

In this test at a range in Dahlgren, Va. the Navy fired a 32-megajoule half-power prototype of the electromagnetic railgun, developed by BAE Systems. (The Navy compares one megajoule of energy to a 1-ton vehicle moving at about 100 miles per hour.) The full-scale system is expected to be 64 megajoules. General Atomics is scheduled to deliver its own 32-megajoule prototype to the Navy in April to compete with the BAE design.
    The BAE Systems prototype has yet to fire at full power. Tom Boucher, the Navy's test director for the railgun, says that after the Navy commissioned it last week, it fired the gun six times at 20 megajoules. "As we evaluate the data, we'll take it up to 32 megajoules," Boucher says.
    The Navy's Electric Cannon Fires Its First Shots - Popular Mechanics

But this is a quibbling argument... Electricity is a power source that creates a magnetic field . There... we are both right .
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2013, 02:19 AM
    You do get excited about the least little thing
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2013, 08:23 AM
    Obama's snub to Thatcher: President won't send envoy to funeral - and leaves it to her old allies from the Reagan era

Apparently he was to be too busy pushing gun control.

This is a hugely significant week in terms of US domestic politics,' a spokesman added.

He said that both the First Lady and the Vice President were 'the President's point people on gun control', adding: 'This is a week when there is a lot of movement on Capitol Hill on gun control issues.'
    Perhaps he can send some DVDs in condolence.
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2013, 08:38 AM
    He wishes he had a bust of her to return .
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2013, 08:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    He wishes he had a bust of her to return .
    Good one.
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2013, 02:57 PM
    The best solution to this is to bury her and her policies with her
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2013, 03:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    the best solution to this is to bury her and her policies with her
    Smh.
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2013, 03:58 PM
    Clete ,don't be a hater... I'm sure we can find an appropriate place of honor for her resting place here . Maybe at the Reagan Library .
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2013, 05:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Clete ,don't be a hater ... I'm sure we can find an appropriate place of honor for her resting place here . Maybe at the Reagan Library .
    Yes great idea remove her fro Britain and place here somewhere in cinc with her ideas

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My sweet baby Maggie [ 15 Answers ]

About four days ago I noticed my bay wasn't feeling well, so we took her to the vet, She tested positive for parvo, but the vet said it didn't seem like she had it he gave us baytril and to give her lots of water and pedalite and we did I gave the pill the next morning and gave her water and stayed...

I get this message when I try to rip music; Windows media Player cannot rip tracks fr [ 1 Answers ]

I get this message when I try to rip music; Windows media Player cannot rip tracks from the CD correctly because the CD drive settings in the Device Manager do not match the CD drive settings in the Player. How do I fix this problem?

Please help me figure out what Maggie's breed/s could be. [ 11 Answers ]

Hi there... I have a darling, endearing 1 year old pup (Maggie May) of which I swear she's Jack Russell, at least partially - with her extremely long legs, long neck, thin stature and fun personality. However, she has a dark under belly and a blonde/buff/golden coat which suggest another breed in...

View more questions Search