Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stougas Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2013, 08:03 PM
    Health-physical therapy
    I went to a chiropractor for shoulder and arm pain. We both knew I would need surgery and wanted to be in the best s hape possible going in. I had surgery and my surgeon gave me a referral for Physical Therapy. My insurance company denied this referral because the chiropractor had billed for both Chiro and PT and used up all my benefits-knowing I needed surgery and would have course need PT after surgery. How can a Chiropractor become a PT for billing purposes?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 7, 2013, 08:08 PM
    Something is wrong. Your insurance company needs to be told that the chiro work was before surgery and now the doctor is sending you for PT after surgery -- two separate situations. Will the dr's office straighten this out for you? Or can you do it?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 7, 2013, 09:44 PM
    I would guess that you have a limited health insurance policy that only pays for a limited number of PT visits during a calendar year, or a limited amout of money?
    Is this the case ?

But yes the chiropractor normally bills insurance for his service doing adjustment, and then if other service is done, that is billed out as PT. This is normal and how their billing works.

Your ability to pay or not pay, is not the chiropractor concern, he offers you the service you need at that time. The chiropractor would assume you had figured out how to pay for it all

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Physical therapy program [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am 29 years old and I have been laid off my job. After a lot of research, I think physical therapy would be the right profession for me. PROBLEM: I have a degree in English. Is it too late to go back to school for this field? If not, would any of my lower division general education...

About Physical Therapy [ 6 Answers ]

I have went through P.T. a few times and still wonder as to why they even have this therapy for people when I believe that it doesn't work for about 75% of the time. I know that this is a question that is hard to prove that it works, but I for one feel that it does not work in to many cases... I...

Physical therapy [ 2 Answers ]

I am wondering if anyone could help me, my problem is that I went to see my doctor yesterday and she referred to se a physical therapist but she never gave me the refferal Slip to call them.. I would like to know what I should, can I make a appointment to see a therapist or should I wait?:)

Physical therapy [ 1 Answers ]

In the massage therapy industry; do customers prefer to get massage from masseuses with large hands?

View more questions Search