Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oldcoach Posts: 103, Reputation: 3

Jan 26, 2005, 05:59 PM
    Jiu-jutsu aids wrestling?
    Boxers use martial arts training to enhance their abilities, but do wrestlers use Aikido, Judo, and Jiu-Jutsu to enhance their skills?
    Who has experience or material on this subject?
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

Jan 27, 2005, 10:48 AM
    I practice Ju Jitsu and I've been practicing with some wrestlers. They told me that it doesn't help them in competition training, but does give them a better insight on what they could expect in a street fight.
    oldcoach Posts: 103, Reputation: 3

Jan 27, 2005, 05:20 PM
    Three-point or triangle theory
    Does wrestling have a theory of balance? Do wrestlers use the theory to protect their balance and to unbalance their opponent?

Judo/Jiu-jutsu has a three point theory or triangle theory. Think of an isosceles triangle. (Three equal sides and three equal angles)
    ... x
    ... /.\
    ... /... \
    ... /... \
    ... x---------x
    If each of your two feet are in a corner of the triangle the remaining corner is the direction to push or pull your opponent to off-balance him or her.
    bchisler Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2009, 02:26 PM
    MMA Submission: Ricky Lundell is changing college wrestling - ESPN The Magazine
    DrewL Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2009, 12:38 AM

Not necessarily. It could help with fundamentals, but probably only with take downs. Once on the ground, the rules change dramatically. Almost all holds in Jujitsu become illegal, or potentially dangerous.
    MyMarine4 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2013, 01:20 PM
    Wrestling aids Ju-Jitsu. I fight MMA and training folkstyle wrestling and BJJ. Ju-Jitsu is far too technical in and of itself for a simpler art like wrestling to have an impact on it. Especially since in Ju-Jitsu you can stay on your back all day where as in wrestling, if you're on your back, you lose. Wrestling is the base style for all of these other grappling styles since wrestling came along first, so learning wrestling will help you in learning grappling, but not really the other way around.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Plyometrics for wrestling [ 5 Answers ]

I have seen books on plyometrics for football, baseball, track & field, and basketball. Has anyone seen a book covering plyometrics for wrestling? I know from what I have read on the subject that it would probably improve shooting for the legs, driving moves, reverses, and breakaways. Let's talk...

Do you know someone with HIV and AIDS [ 6 Answers ]

I have a long timed friend that had contacted the disease either through his fast acting, life of the party, and being just plain pretty and too many people wanted him in all the ways loose. I noticed women given him an eye because he could cook and draw and carries a nice package. Lately, I have...

Wrestling [ 1 Answers ]

In the wrestling proffesionals, I learned of the death of EDDIE Querrerro. I would appreciate your information as to the cause of death and when this occurred. Regards.

Aids in Africa [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my name is Sarah Georgeson and I'm doing an essay on AIDS in Africa and was wondering if you could answer a couple questions about it that I can't find. How many people altogether in Africa have died from AIDS? What percentage of the African population are infected with AIDS? What...

View more questions Search