Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2013, 03:28 AM
    QE on steroids
    We have been told here that the problem with the pump priming exercise we have engaged in for some time now has not been as effective as it could be because we did not go all out .
    We are about to watch that theory come under test as the Bank of Japan embarks on a QE exercise that the Fed can only dream about . The Bank of Japan announced that it will boost its buying of Japanese government bonds by 50 trillion yen ($520 billion) “Total expansion of the monetary base will be about 10% of Japan’s gross domestic product.”

That is 47 percent larger than anything Ben Bernanke has ever tried. “To put that into perspective, the Federal Reserve’s $85 billion in monthly purchases of U.S. government bonds and agency-backed mortgage securities amount to 6.8%” ZeroHedge writes, “Japan’s QE is the equivalent of the Fed monetizing $200 billion per month.”
    Japan Gets A Jolt As Kuroda Goes With Q.E. That Would Make Ben Bernanke Blush - Forbes
    This comes after a 2 decade period of deflation so perhaps there is somelogic to this move. China is also desperately devaluing the remimbis; increasing the money supply by 60 trillion remimbis, the equivalent of $10 trillion dollars.
    Also the EU is about to fire up the printing press.
    ECB to launch second wave of euro 'quantitative easing' | Business | The Guardian
    Monopoly money for everyone! Trillions of dollars, euros, yen and remimbi!! Enough paper money, if laid end to end, to reach to oblivion.
    Soon they will be saying ;'a trillion here ,a trillion there... soon you are talking about REAL money'.. . Not .

Emperor Zero has a plan.. His new budget opens the barn door for screwing people who invest in private retirement plans. Oh ,he claims it is a hit on 'millionaires and billionaires ' . But as we have seen in his tax rhetoric it soon becomes 'the wealthiest among us' and then he goes after middle income earners money. The bottom line is that there will never be enough money to confiscate to pay for the massive debts the governments are accumulating .Thus the plan is to hyper -inflate and pay the debt with toilet paper.
    The good news is that since the introduction of plastics ,we no longer have to carry paper money in wheel barrels to pay for the necessities. The government can still manipulate the figures to pretend there is no inflationary effect caused by their polices .The sheeple believe them just like they believe that the unemployment figures from yesterday were the result of the sequester... or even better ;that retail stores suffered because it was so cold that people delayed their purchases of spring items.
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2013, 04:09 AM
    And speaking of raiding retirement accounts ,it looks like Red Julia has similar ideas. “Julia Gillard has failed to rule out if Labor will raid superannuation funds in the May budget, saying any decisions made for the sector will be in Australia's long term interest.”
    Julia Gillard makes no promises to leave superannuation untouched | News.com.au
    That means she's going to do it. We are all Cypriots now!!
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2013, 05:28 AM
    But I don't want to be a Cypriot...
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2013, 04:53 PM
    Fortunately it's an Obama budget which typically goes nowhere, but still it begins...

Obama budget to take aim at wealthy IRAs - The Hill's On The Money
    Tuttyd Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Apr 7, 2013, 03:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    and speaking of raiding retirement accounts ,it looks like Red Julia has similar ideas. “Julia Gillard has failed to rule out if Labor will raid superannuation funds in the May budget, saying any decisions made for the sector will be in Australia’s long term interest.”
    That means she’s going to do it. We are all Cypriots now !!!
    According to the article the Liberals have a policy of a 15% tax on Super for 3.6 million Australians.

This is compared to Labor who are planning to tax people people with more than 2 million in Super and others on the top marginal tax rate. This only equates to about 70,000 people.

Labor are probably going to use these figures as an election issue.
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2013, 05:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuttyd View Post
    According to the article the Liberals have a policy of a 15% tax on Super for 3.6 million Australians.

This is compared to Labor who are planning to tax people people with more than 2 million in Super and others on the top marginal tax rate. This only equates to about 70,000 people.

Labor are probably going to use these figures as an election issue.
    Camel's nose - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 7, 2013, 06:41 AM
    Why worry about it all. We are going to be world followers not leaders anymore. The way money is handled today it can all disappear at the push of a button.

China, Others, Urge Move Away From Dollar As Reserve Currency

Apr 7, 2013, 02:39 PM
    In this country there would be a preference for the nose coming in first rather than the backside.

Tut
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 7, 2013, 03:10 PM
    QE going to banks and financial institutions does little to solve the circulation problem, or the demand dilemma. A top down fix just makes rich guys richer but has yet to stimulate any rich guys to invest in jobs and infrastructure, or anything else to make demand possible.

Without the building projects to fuel the middle and lower classes (And cities and the services they can provide), then all you will get is money stuck in the hands of the few. Hopefully the Japanese see they have a lot of rebuilding to do. While the Chinese build for the sake of building, hoping they will come. Their experiment in pandering to the richest was doomed to fail when it shouldn't have. But there is no lack of workers to build though, and maybe pandering to the lower classes would have been more productive, and cheaper.
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2013, 04:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cdad View Post
    Why worry about it all. We are going to be world followers not leaders anymore. The way money is handled today it can all disappear at the push of a button.

China, Others, Urge Move Away From Dollar As Reserve Currency
    Yes ,that is part of the Obama effort to pivot east . And that is why your response would've been equally appropriate on 'The Mouse that Roared ' thread . I would put on my tin foil hat ;but Joe Biden confirmed my suspicions just a couple days ago ,delivering the keynote address at the Export-Import Bank Conference in Washington, D.C.
    BREAKING: Joe Biden calls to 'create a New World Order' - YouTube
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2013, 02:25 AM
    and speaking of raiding retirement accounts ,it looks like Red Julia has similar ideas. “Julia Gillard has failed to rule out if Labor will raid superannuation funds in the May budget, saying any decisions made for the sector will be in Australia's long term interest.”
    That means she's going to do it. We are all Cypriots now !!!
    Yeah they are changing the rules yet again removing the tax haven superannuation has become for the wealthy who are defined here as having an investment of $2 million or more, seems our wealthy have a higher threshold than yours do, fortunately I am unaffected this time around.

There is no doubt this is a bad government and here again is another broken promise as Julia launches full scale class warfare but hear this we don't need QE to get our economy moving in fact we can expect China to do that for us, that is if Kim Jung Un cool can be persuaded to crawl back in his hole
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2013, 05:31 AM
    yeah they are changing the rules yet again removing the tax haven superannuation has become for the wealthy who are defined here as having an investment of $2 million or more
    It's basically the same ploy by President 0 ;what I called the camel's nose under the tent . Once it is established that the government can raid retirement accounts then if you can screw the rich ;then why not the comfortable .Eventually they get around to screwing the largest group of earners ;the middle earners.

Apr 8, 2013, 05:42 AM
    it's basically the same ploy by President 0 ;what I called the camel's nose under the tent . Once it is established that the goverment can raid retirement accounts then if you can screw the rich ;then why not the comfortable .Eventually they get around to screwing the largest group of earners ;the middle earners.
    So long as the rich lead the way. The nose it better off leading rather than the backside.
    Expert

Apr 8, 2013, 06:01 AM
    I see it as the rich and elite have bought the lawmakers and screwed us ordinary people already. Maybe that's why raising taxes and closing loopholes on them sounds good to me. I know they all ain't fat greedy bast@rds. I just want the ones that are. That's hard when you defend ALL of them though.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2013, 06:37 AM
    it's basically the same ploy by President 0 ;what I called the camel's nose under the tent . Once it is established that the goverment can raid retirement accounts then if you can screw the rich ;then why not the comfortable .Eventually they get around to screwing the largest group of earners ;the middle earners.
    That point has been established here for a long time but every now and then we elect a sensible government. You see we can always rely on the government advisors to protect their own nest egg no matter who is in government so the rules can affect the rich and protect others because the rich have a spread of assets. This government has targeted the vulnerable and will pay the price no matter how they try to buy votes, so Tom don't think that what goes there goes here, we sometimes follow you and sometimes not
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2013, 06:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I see it as the rich and elite have bought the lawmakers and screwed us ordinary people already. Maybe that's why raising taxes and closing loopholes on them sounds good to me. I know they all ain't fat greedy bast@rds. I just want the ones that are. That's hard when you defend ALL of them though.
    They will come after yours next .
    Expert

Apr 8, 2013, 07:28 AM
    They have been coming after me a long time then, and I have survived them all, and thrived and survived. I am not about to get all paranoid now.
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2013, 07:45 AM
    Which greedy b@stards, the Kochs and Romneys or the Heinz-Kerrys and Soros'?
    Expert

Apr 8, 2013, 08:20 AM
    The Koch's are at the very top of the list. Been tracking their antics for years. Surprised you haven't since Texas has been pursuing them too.

I don't think its very fair that they write their own rules through some well paid, ex government lobbyists. Do you? I don't think its fair they keep sucking all the oxygen up and leave none for the less financially connected.

And I don't think it fair for conservatives to act a though this has only just started and everything was hunky dory before. This current situation has been a long time in the making, and the solutions will be a long time in coming.

But you already know how I feel on most things.
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2013, 08:51 AM
    The Koch's are at the very top of the list. Been tracking their antics for years. Surprised you haven't since Texas has been pursuing them too.

I don't think its very fair that they write their own rules thru some well paid, ex government lobbyists. Do you? I don't think its fair they keep sucking all the oxygen up and leave none for the less financially connected.

And I don't think it fair for conservatives to act a though this has only just started and everything was hunky dory before. This current situation has been a long time in the making, and the solutions will be a long time in coming.

But you already know how I feel on most things.
    So in other words just the Koch's and Romneys?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Steroids [ 5 Answers ]

If I were to take one stack or bottle of steroids (Anadrol 50) to get the gains that it provides in lifting and body looks which usually takes 4 to 6 weeks I've read. Would I keep those gains when the bottle ran out and I stopped taking it? Just having trouble putting on weight and muscle... after...

Taking steroids [ 0 Answers ]

I just want to know is it dangerous if I take steroid but not much

Use of steroids [ 3 Answers ]

Hey there guys... wanted to ask what kind of anabolic suppliments should I prefer (as a beginner ). For getting my muscles tight and for proper cutting... I am 5'6 59 kgs mma student... thanks in advance

I need help.. Steroids? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently found out my boyfriend does steroids a few months ago, (we had been dating for about 4 months) I suspected it. We have been dating about 7 months now. I am moving away soon and he always told me he would do everything to make us work, I'm only moving a few hours away. But now he is...

View more questions Search