Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jonesyhb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2013, 10:26 PM
    Irvine company asked us to vacate due to noise complaint
    My wife, myself and daughter were told we have to vacate our apartment due to supposed excessive noise. We worked out a resolution with tenet below and mgmt however they continue to complain about noise although we are at work and school from 630am to 5pm. We were told by management this could get ugly if we do not comply immediately. They have offered another apartment however their comment about it "getting ugly" does not sit well with us. We view this as a threat. We need some advice quickly.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Apr 6, 2013, 04:39 AM
    In the immortal words of the late John Wayne, ""It's not a threat; It's a promise".

Don't obsess about the phrase they used. If you are OK with moving to another unit, then do it.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 6, 2013, 04:42 AM
    'This could get ugly' is not a threat. It will be ugly/unpleasant/inconvenient if you are evicted.
    We need your state and the terms of your lease (including if it's for a year or month to month, as well as anything about being quiet). Also how many units in the building, and if this is any kind of gov't housing.
    No need to answer all that if you can just move within the building. I'd suggest that you do so.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 6, 2013, 05:01 AM
    Not having been there we didn't see the facial expressions and body language or hear the tone of voice. But I can certainly see how this was meant to warn rather than threaten. If they are forced to start eviction proceedings, it could certainly get ugly.

It sounds to me, like the management is trying to defuse the situation by offering you another unit. I would advise to take it.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2013, 05:49 AM
    Hello j:

If you're moving, and you are, I'd move OUT of this building...

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New company due to buyout and not offering employee job with new company [ 3 Answers ]

The company has been bought through bankruptsy we are now changing the company name, EIN, etc for the new company. Are we entitled to keep all current employees? One in particular is an older employee who the new company wants her to retire. What is the correct way to handle this situation? She...

Irvine company 30 day notice? [ 6 Answers ]

The Irvine Company says I have to sign their 30 day notice form. It protects them but leaves me with no rights whatsoever. There is nothing wrong with my apartment that they should have any issue with when I leave, but that's not the point. They have their employees so brainwashed that the girl at...

Legalese - vacate complaint [ 2 Answers ]

I am in a Civil suit regarding fraud/breach of contract/warranty. I have not answered the complaint, but instead filed bankruptcy. Looking at the documents filed with the Superior Court of Ventura I found that the CMC (Case Management Conference) scheduled for August was vacated. Under pending...

Being asked to vacate [ 3 Answers ]

I rent a apartment and have leased for 1year. This house is sold and new owner is asking me to leave. Am I entitled to get some money form the landlord, we are four people in one unit.

Complaint against company [ 1 Answers ]

I complaint on line about a stale cheesecake on my blog . It was my opinion only. The company said they will contact their consul. Is it against the law To complain. Hollywood, Florida Firm is in Kentucky

View more questions Search