Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jr1492 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2013, 01:23 PM
    Hair Follicle Test - Moderate Marijuana Use
    I have been offered a position at a Fortune 500 company and it is likely that the hiring process will entail a hair follicle drug test. I have used marijuana moderately over the last 3 or so months - I have maybe smoked a total of approximately 2 grams of marijuana during this period with long gaps between use. I am a 23 year old Caucasian male with brown hair and am 6'2" and 178 pounds. The test is likely not to occur for at least a few more weeks.

I have a few specific questions. First, is that amount likely to cause a positive result on a hair follicle test? I understand from posts by Dr.Bill and from outside research that these type of tests are really only effective at detecting regular and chronic use. I might also imagine that being on the skinnier side might help me out a little since I have less fat deposits that would store the THC metabolites, thus shortening the span of time that the metabolites can be deposited in my hair and possibly decreasing the amount of metabolites that would be retained in my body in general. Is this correct?

Secondly, I understand that THC metabolites continue to be deposited in your hair for about 7-14 days after you stop using marijuana. Would extra exercise or increased water consumption decrease the span of time or the amount deposited? My thinking is that the more THC that is excreted through sweat and urine during the few days after quitting, the less will be available to enter your hair. Correct?

Thank you for any help. I'm definitely feeling pretty stressed.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair Follicle Drug Test - Moderate Marijuana Use [ 0 Answers ]

I have been offered a position at a Fortune 500 company and it is likely that the hiring process will entail a hair follicle drug test. I have used marijuana moderately over the last 3 or so months - I have maybe smoked a total of approximately 2 grams of marijuana during this period with long gaps...

Hair Follice Drug Test - Moderate Marijuana Use [ 0 Answers ]

I have been offered a position at a Fortune 500 company and it is likely that the hiring process will entail a hair follicle drug test. I have used marijuana moderately over the last 3 or so months - I have maybe smoked a total of approximately 2 grams of marijuana during this period with long...

Marijuana in a hair follicle test [ 16 Answers ]

My son has never done any type of drugs before, he went to the beach this past summer and tried Marijuana. He said he only took 3 puffs and never tried it again. It has been about 75 days and he has to have a hair follicle drug test, would that be enough to show up in it? He is so worried.

Any way to pass hair follicle test for marijuana [ 5 Answers ]

I have to take hair follicle drug test is there anything I can do to cover marijuana

Marijuana, hair follicle test will he pass [ 3 Answers ]

My son has to take a hair follicle in mid January he was in a rehab for 7 months and got out in sept. he relapsed but did not smoke much maybe a blunt and couple joints from what I understand but nothing since beginning of December will it show up:(

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search