Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zea Posts: 217, Reputation: 19

Apr 4, 2013, 08:35 PM
    What is the Problem?
    Hey, I am Zea; I am in my third year of high school. There is something I don’t quite understand about myself. Most of the time, for as long as I remember: I get extremely tired, feel uninterested, and bored with almost everything. Most of the time when I try concentrating on doing one thing, I always lose my attention, and start gazing somewhere, look out of the window,…etc. Even when I am engaged in a conversation with other people, I have to fake a smile, and act as if I am interested; that is if I don’t lose my attention. Almost everything bores me a lot. Once I was verbally insulted, indirectly though, I was near earshot but I felt dull at their comments (I was trying to help some students with their homework and I was nice to them, they were friendly too, at first) and for some reason I did not want to defend myself. Wouldn't someone normally want to defend themselves? Doing something unpredictable only helps me focus like playing soccer, which I don’t do very often. This all happens daily. I would label myself as a depressed person but…

Sometimes, the exact opposite happens. I get extremely excited if something grabs my attention, maybe even overdo it. For example, after we read Shakespeare’s Macbeth in class, I was fascinated, I fell in love with the play, and I could not forget about it that easily. So when I am inspired, I would talk to anyone about it but people stare at me indifferently, waiting for me to lose my excitement but because I never do they interrupt me, tell me to let it go, and move on. I really can’t express to you how these emotions burn me with extra energy; that I have to wear myself with sweat and exhaustion to get out that excitement. For example, if this happens when I am in class, my heart beats fast, and I can’t sit still, I feel like I will explode if don’t run fast to let it all out, the only way I deal with this is by running, otherwise I would tap my foot, stare nervously,. etc. Some people notice and I don’t want that kind of attention. This happens on weekly basis.

Don’t they say that girls mature faster than boys? Then why do I get so excited over the silliest things (ex: Macbeth)? Why is everyone around me calmer, while I can’t help how I overdo things? This makes me feel very different and distant from others, and I don’t like it. I don’t know if you will think that I am exaggerating, but things usually are like this, if this does not happen then I would be more relaxed like anyone else.

How do I keep myself focused? Is this normal? Do all people get that? Is it depression? What do you think I should do to make all this stop?

Any help is appreciated.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Apr 5, 2013, 06:22 AM
    A lot of this is a part of being a teenage girl, but I suggest you talk to a counselor at your school to recommend a professional for you to talk to or talk to your doctor.
    Do you get enough sleep, do you eat well?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2013, 06:26 AM
    I also suggest seeing a doctor. Your body's system with Vitamins could have something to do with it. I would have a blood sample test workup to see if things are normal. Good luck.
    PS; They now say that a teen needs at least 8 yrs of sleep at night. Do you get that?
    Zea Posts: 217, Reputation: 19

Apr 5, 2013, 08:14 AM
    Yes, I get enough sleep especially since spring break started, I also eat well, yet I feel more depressed than ever for no particular reason, and lack attention; that even during short phone conversations I will wonder to another world and forget to listen, and I have to make people repeat themselves many times, other times I don’t so no one will notice.

I will ask thanks for your help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1993 honda accord 10th anniversary edition -problem with emc and or fuel problem [ 3 Answers ]

Thank you for your quick response and research in helping me with my problem that I posted yesterday.I am having a hard time trying to understand what is going on with my car. History of the car: purchased in 1996 with 59,372 miles, now have 132,000 miles and it has all original factory parts...

I am having a problem with practice problem number one in Office Machines with excel [ 3 Answers ]

Applications 6th edition. The book says 3, 360 and I got 528. What am I overlooking"

My 2006 Taurus has a problem hesitating to start sometimes, what could be the problem [ 1 Answers ]

Sometimes when starting my 2006 Ford Taurus, it hesitate to start, sometimes it does this and sometimes not, what could the problem? I'm thinking the starter. I replaced the battery, thinking it could be the battery, but the problem still exist. Help!

1995 Altima Idleing problem Knock & O2 sensor, EGR Flow Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have 1995 Nissan Altima with 67,000 miles. When the car is idleing when I start it or when it is at a red light the rpm's go from 6000 to 9000. It sounds like I am reving the engine. The engine sounds fine when I am driving the car ( rpm's are consitent). I went to AutoZone the read out errors...

View more questions Search