Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sandra Gass Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2013, 07:13 PM
    Adopted Daughter
    So I finally adopted my friends daughter that I have taken care of for 13 years... Well her biological father owed back child support and is now out of prison and has a job.. So the attorney general started taking out of his checks the money that was owed... Shouldn't the child receive that money??
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 4, 2013, 07:17 PM
    Who is receiving that money?
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Apr 4, 2013, 08:31 PM
    No, the child has no rights to back child support.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 5, 2013, 03:33 AM
    Nope, the back support is owed to the parent at the time. When the adoption was final any further support obligation ended.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for my adopted daughter [ 14 Answers ]

I don't know where to start looking for my daughter Amelia Elizabeth Simpson was born in uk Whittington hospital, London. The aduption took place in Luton, I was told by social services who help with the court procedures, I was told she was taken to America, she is 33 now, she was adupted age...

Looking for my adopted daughter [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can go to register for free so that my adopted daughter can find me if she decides to look for her biological family?

My Daughter was Adopted [ 10 Answers ]

Hi My name is Sarah , I'am looking for my four year old daughter who was snatched from my Husband and myself in 2004, the only child I will ever have because my Husband as MS. The law saids you have to wait until they are 18, but I want to find her now. Can Adoption Orders be overturned in the...

My daughter was adopted [ 2 Answers ]

My question is that my daughter was adopted about 9yrs. Ago and I've finally realized that the grandmother that adopted her is not her biological grandmother and actually has no real ties to her and I'm wondering is that a legal adoption with her not being the biological grandmother? Do I really...

My daughter wants to be adopted [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I are getting married in August of 09 and my 10 year old daughter wants him to adopt her. Her biodad is seldom around and is not on her birth certificate he has no leagel rights I have sole leagel custudy but her bio dad does pay support what can we do?

View more questions Search