Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hannahmarie02 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2013, 10:21 AM
    Rash on face and arm?
    My daughters has got red patches on her face and arms
    The tend to be in circular patterns on her arm and splodges on her face.
    At first she developed a few red patches on her face,but we thought it was because she was wearing makeup so we told her to stop wearing it for a while,But now its on her arms,help,any suggestions of what this is,
    Going seeing the doctor soon,can't get an appointment till next week but very worried,anyone know what this is? She had it about 3 months ago but by the time I got an appointment it had gone so it has been before,
    ]Thanks for helping:)
    Hannah x
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2013, 10:58 AM
    If it's circular I'm guessing it's ringworm. It's common with kids and can be easily treated. It is infectious so I would try and get in sooner even if you have to go to urgent care. Perhaps you can have the school nurse take a look at her and if they have an idea of what it is, they can let you know if your daughter can be in school. Also if they are sure what it is, you could call the doctor back and let them know, "the school nurse said it's X and my daughter needs to be treated before she returns to school, so I need to get her in today".

They should be able to get a sick child in immediately.

Apr 5, 2013, 02:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dontknownuthin View Post
    If it's circular I'm guessing it's ringworm. It's common with kids and can be easily treated. It is infectious so I would try and get in sooner even if you have to go to urgent care. Perhaps you can have the school nurse take a look at her and if they have an idea of what it is, they can let you know if your daughter can be in school. Also if they are sure what it is, you could call the doctor back and let them know, "the school nurse said it's X and my daughter needs to be treated before she returns to school, so I need to get her in today".

They should be able to get a sick child in immediately.
    Thanks for your help,abit worried now,will get it sorted quick!
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2013, 02:37 PM
    I hope it's nothing serious. It also could be an allergy to something. Allergies cause rashes. Good luck.
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2013, 02:41 PM
    Most skin rashes aren't serious but they do need to be treated, usually with prescriptions, so it's good to get in right away to a doctor.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 5, 2013, 02:49 PM
    Ringworm is a fungus like athlete's foot, not a worm.
    Go to the Lotrimin website and get a coupon. You need the script strength.
    They have pictures of ringworm too.
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2013, 03:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Ringworm is a fungus like athlete's foot, not a worm.
    Go to the Lotrimin website and get a coupon. You need the script strength.
    They have pictures of ringworm too.
    Yes - thanks for mentioning that. I meant to tell her that.

It might not be ringworm though, so don't try to treat yourself and the script strength point is also important - over the counter stuff isn't going to cut it.

Apr 6, 2013, 05:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dontknownuthin View Post
    Yes - thanks for mentioning that. I meant to tell her that.

It might not be ringworm though, so don't try to treat yourself and the script strength point is also important - over the counter stuff isn't going to cut it.
    I thought it was a worm like tape worm at first,thank god its not that,its all sorted now anyway she's got some cream for it,

Apr 10, 2013, 06:28 AM
    Thanks for all your help took my daughter to doctors its exma,she had it as a young baby and the doctor says it tends to come back during puberty,thanks for your help:)
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2013, 08:00 AM
    Perfect example why you need to go to the doctor for these things. We guessed wrong! Glad she's getting treated for her exema and hope the treatment works out well for her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

You have the DREADED left arm rash! [ 9 Answers ]

That's what my one work friend calls it, just as a joke. I asked her if she ever saw anything like it before, and that's what she said. But anyway... I have this "rash" on my left arm. I get it every year, in the beginning of spring, and it usually goes away around the middle of the summer. I've...

Rash on top of my arm [ 2 Answers ]

I have a rash on top of my arm. It is red and slightly blochy. It hurts really bad especially when I shower.

Itching with no rash on the shoulders, forearms and down the right arm [ 9 Answers ]

I am a 47 year old female that has had this itching problem for 10 years. I have seen every kind of doctor for this and I have had all the blood work that goes along with it also. The Dr.'s look at me like I am CRAZY :confused: I have been diagnosed with a pinched nerve in my neck with spinal...

Shaved arm rash! [ 1 Answers ]

I just shaved my arm today and now its got razor burns it hurts :( I'm putting vasline intensive care aloe vera on it does that help? &how long will it take to get rid of it looks nasty :( Thanks x

View more questions Search