Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annheim2 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2013, 06:04 AM
    Building an inline cinder block wall
    I want to build an inline block wall with rebar.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2013, 06:22 AM
    And your question is what?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2013, 11:35 AM
    Well, that's broad statement. Pour a footer with rebar and start laying block. Ever done it before?

Apr 4, 2013, 05:59 PM
    I've seen this type of construction and would like to try it for a project of my own.
    I do expect that there must be more use of rebar and filling around them.
    Just want to know more of the details for making it right?
    What are the pro's and con's?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2013, 07:18 PM
    Not as easy as you may think. Need weights to determine footing size and frost depth to determine how far down the footing has to be. Need dimensions of block and joints so you don't have to cut block all day. Suggest you Google "Laying a block wall" and You tube for same.
    scott53715 Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Apr 4, 2013, 09:08 PM
    There's a reason why many commercial frost walls and foundations are made with concrete block. No forms, shorter cure times, faster completion; but you need to know the specifics. Do you need durawall mesh? How much rebar, what size, are they tied, how? Time for a structural engineer! Might get some guidance from your local inspector. My favorite concrete block supplier has staff that really know the product, what's available, and can be really helpful. Other questions, what type of mortar or recipe, x portland, x lime, x sand...

Apr 5, 2013, 12:45 AM
    No questions for you, disregard.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to tear down cinder block wall? [ 1 Answers ]

I need to remove a cinderblock wall under a manufactured home so the home can be moved. The home is 28 ft by 68 ft and has a small cinder block wall supporting the outside - it is not load bearing. It keeps the animals out, but has to be removed to move it. I want to know if there is another way...

How do you install an iron lintel in a cinder block wall after cutting the wall open? [ 0 Answers ]

I plan on cutting & opening 7' tall x 8' wide in an existing cinder block wall 8"x8"x16" that was laid with a stack bond (joint on joint). How do I insert an iron lintel 1/2" thick x 4" wide x 8'6" length? The length of the lintel is planned to go beyond the width 3" on each side. Is that enough...

Building cinder block homes [ 9 Answers ]

OK I'm going to build a house in cancun funny thing is all these houses are cinder block does ant on have an estimate of how much it woud cost to build the strucure of a 1500 square ft house in cinder block:confused:

Pouring a concrete wall in front of a damaged cinder block wall [ 1 Answers ]

I need to repair a well house that has buckling cinder block walls. The well is below ground with a shed above it. The room is approximately 9' x 8' and 8' tall with cinder block walls and a concrete floor. The block did not have concrete poured in it when it was built, the blocks are beginning...

Removing windows from a cinder block building [ 1 Answers ]

My group occupies an almost 50 year building. We are finally able to replace the casement windows with double-hung ones. The only problem is to save money we opted to remove the windows ourselves. The casement windows have are metal frame and are set in cinder block walls. How do we go about...

View more questions Search