Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ZiggiZaggi Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 08:20 PM
    Why does my ex keep doing this?
    I haven't talked to my ex for about 4 weeks now after she broke up with me. I immediately went to no contact. The past week she has had her cousin (who is close to my family) tell me that she's been saying hi and wondering how I've been three times. Does this mean she wants me to call her or something?

Now I've grown over these 4 weeks. I've learned to accept the fact that she probably won't come back to me even though she said there's a chance. I don't think about her all day anymore. In all honesty, I'm fine being single. She was recently diagnosed with cancer and I'm thinking she wants me to be there as a friend, which I wouldn't mind being. I don't have strong feelings for her anymore. I want to call and be a nice guy, but I'm not sure what the response would be. I don't want her to think I'm trying to get back with her because I'm over her.

Thoughts?
    ZiggiZaggi Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2007, 07:10 AM
    Anyone?
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2007, 07:29 AM
    You say you don't have strong feelings but 4 weeks is not a long time. If you want to be there for her as she has cancer that's fine. I would want my ex there if I had been diagnosed. Why not ring her up and ask how she is doing, if she is OK?

However be wary, your playing with fire in a volatile situation.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2007, 05:59 PM
    I'd call her to say that you heard she had cancer and to wish her a speedy recovery. That's about all I'd say and then get off the phone and continue with no contact. If she wants to reach out to you, she needs to do it, not her cousin or anybody else.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 23, 2007, 07:29 AM
    Sometimes we are our own worst enemy, caught between being a good guy and doing the right thing. Send her a nice card and leave it at that, stay on the path to heal. If she was depending on you or wanted you there, she would have not broken up with you.
    urstruly85 Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2007, 07:47 AM
    I agree with Talaniman

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search