Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LforLost Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2013, 05:46 PM
    My ex girlfriend has completely shut me out...
    Hello.

My girlfriend of 6 years ended the relationship about 2 months ago. She cited the relationship wasn't progressing, being that I never proposed to her and/or lived with her. In our 6th and last year, we tried to maintain a long distance relationship, had broken up twice but this 3rd and latest breakup is our longest and most permanent.

I've tried to reach out to her, reasoned/groveled with her via text, FB messaging, email and phone calls - to no avail. She sent me an email a month ago, asking me to stop contacting her and to move on. I believe she has met/found someone else.

I'm devasted/hearbroken, I still love her and I'm at my wits end in trying to get her back. I've even proposed to her but of course, it was a "too little, too late" situation. I just want to convince her that given a final chance, I will not take the relationship for granted and do right by her - yet, I also know that it may be way too late.

Appreciate any insight, opinion, advice and help on how to get her to re-open communication with me and to ultimately get her back.

Thanks so much...
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2013, 08:32 PM
    The thing is she has clearly said that it is done and over. You may love her but if things are not progressing then there is going to be a break at some point. Adding long distance does not help the situation at all.

Groveling, contacting and continuing to push will and has made it even easier for the other party to move on. Right now it does not matter whether they are with someone else or not.

It might take time on your part, but you have no choice to move on. Take this as a learning experience and whenever you are ready, when you become involved in a different relationship. Do your best not to let this experience jade you in possible better future with somebody else.

I know you were wanting advice on how to re-open lines of communication but that is ill advised at this time. You would only be making the situation worse if you continue to try to contact this person.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't completely shut off the shower [ 4 Answers ]

I can't completely shut off the shower faucet. When I push the valve in, it gradually pushes back and water comes out the shower head. I replaced the O rings on the cartridge and put a bit of vaseline on the rubber O rings. The faucet is Moen and was installed about 1977. Any tips?

Faucet handles do not shut off completely [ 2 Answers ]

The water has a drip when I shut it off

I am completely shut-off from everything [ 4 Answers ]

I have had problems with depression throughout my life and believe I am in my worst state of depression now. I am 28, turning 29 on Tuesday, and recently came out of a 6 year relationship about two months. I have always felt that my happiness has been dependent on other people's positive feelings...

My daughter has completely shut me out & I can only guess at what it can be [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter came to visit my son & his wife & me & it has been a very cold visit. She has told my son & daughter-n-law her issues, but said that she will not talk to me about it but they can after she leaves. This has been going on for about a month & it has been pure torture. We have always...

How to completely shut down my computer [ 3 Answers ]

My computer is basically trashed. I cannt do anything, I'm lucky to be doing thisand I've asked every where. So here it goes, How do I completely shut my computer down, I mean get an "as new look" Please don't ak me if I mean all these diff names. Because everyone calls things diff names and I am...

View more questions Search