Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2013, 05:50 AM
    Now here is someone on the dole .
    Terry Keenan: Warren Buffett dodges taxes in Goldman Sachs deal - NYPOST.com
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2013, 05:53 AM
    Your taxes are not punitive enough to put him on the dole
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2013, 06:11 AM
    Hello again, Steve/tom:

So, it's OK that YOU have YOURS. You won't even address why I don't have MINE. Sounds like greedy right wingers...

Look.. As long as YOU get tax money that I DON'T, it's a HANDOUT.. You can CALL it chopped liver if you want... But, it's WELFARE for the rich. The reason you don't explain it, is because you CAN'T explain it, so let's move on and talk about something else...

Nahhh.. I want to talk about you welfare bums..

excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2013, 06:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, Steve/tom:

So, it's ok that YOU have YOURS. You won't even address why I don't have MINE. Sounds like greedy right wingers...

Look.. As long as YOU get tax money that I DON'T, it's a HANDOUT.. You can CALL it chopped liver if you want... But, it's WELFARE for the rich. The reason you don't explain it, is because you CAN'T explain it, so let's move on and talk about something else...

Nahhh.. I wanna talk about you welfare bums..

excon
    So as a businessman how many tax credits/incentives/deductions do you get?

P.S. I don't GET tax money from the government, I pay EVERY dollar due.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2013, 06:22 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

So as a businessman how many tax credits/incentives/deductions do you get?
    The same whether I rent my building or buy it.

I understand WHY you don't want to talk about it. It's not fair. All you'd EVER have to do, is acknowledge that. Instead, all you've done is JUSTIFY your handout. I'll bet people on food stamps do that.

Excon
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2013, 06:28 AM
    But you won't address all those tax breaks you get by being in business... tax breaks that I don't get . By your definition you too are on the dole ;even though you bust your hump to run your business.
    I'll say it again. I pay MORE taxes(property ) because I own a home ;and if there was no tax deduction then I would not have paid so much for my home. So that is a wash .
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2013, 06:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, Steve:

The same whether I rent my building or buy it.

I understand WHY you don't wanna talk about it. It's not fair. All you'd EVER have to do, is acknowledge that. Instead, all you've done is JUSTIFY your handout. I'll bet people on food stamps do that.

excon
    Tom got the question, I think you did, too.

P.S. That was a good point, since renters don't pay property taxes like you and I do... and mine are MUCH higher than my mortgage deduction ever was.
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2013, 06:41 AM
    Here in NY ; by consensus ,the least free state in the union ; we pay the highest combined property ,income,state ,local school ,sales taxes in the nation . That's why the productive are leaving in droves ;and why I will not be able to retire here despite my love for the place.
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2013, 07:57 AM
    By the way, subprime auto loans are SURGING! What could go wrong?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 7, 2013, 02:19 PM
    $500 down and tote the note have been around for decades, and personal problems screw up any ones cash flow. Nothing new here. It's a simple fact though that banks were making money hand over fist on paper by the oldest tricks in the books that would and should have been illegal. The best excuse they gave was if they didn't do it, someone else would, since the bank down the street was licking his chops for new customers to sign.

Do the research on the places that didn't get affected by the mortgage meltdown, and see how there ability to say NO, because of bad/no credit saved them a bundle.

The scheme here didn't work, they blame the government and you swallow the story of the swindlers. Banks didn't have to foreclose on buyers, but they took the most money the fastest way possible and want to pay fines and restitution with no admittance of any wrong doing, and nobody goes to jail.

Mission accomplished by the banks at the expense of the consumer. Look deeper at the Obama proposal, and consumers have better options than balloon payments and variable interest schemes that tanked the last bubble and enriched the banks. Lets be clear the government didn't tank the market by pushing for more loans, the banks did with some shading lending practices, aided and abetted by ratings companies, and insurance companies.

But I can understand not trusting bankers and financiers that screwed us before.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"plumber grade" vs "big box" vs "online" fixtures... [ 5 Answers ]

I have heard/read that there is a difference in the part quality, etc when purchasing faucets and plumbing parts from a showroom vs big box retailers vs online. Even if they are the same manufacturer part number? Are the big box and online parts less durable/made of cheaper components that the...

Please convert "Evolution", "Transformation", "Phoenix" in Sanskrit [ 0 Answers ]

Please convert 1. "Evolution", 2."Transformation", 3."Phoenix" in Sanskrit God bless - this will be used for a tattoo

Collector's Guild LTD, NY- "original etching" "Pour Roby" Picasso "Star Scene" J Moro [ 0 Answers ]

Both pictures have stickers on the back stating with a "certification seal" that the Picasso is a original etching and the Joan Miro is a lithograph. Moro looks real to me but I can't take the frames off to feel if the paint is real or maybe I don't know what a lithograph should feel like just a...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

Who sang song, possibly called "forever yours", in film "the perfect storm" [ 2 Answers ]

Who sang song, possibly called "forever yours", in film "the perfect storm" and can it be bought as a cd?

View more questions Search