Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Meganh041207 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2013, 12:00 PM
    Pregnancy
    I had a ultrasound down at 6weeks there was a heart beat. I went in for another scan 4 days later we seen yolk sac baby but no heartbeat.. my ob didn't give me any options but to get d&c scheduled I did a lot of research where this problem occurred with a lot of women and then they go back 2 weeks later and there is a heartbeat I also have a tilted uterus wich I heard it makes things harder to see I don't no what to do wait 2 weeks or schedule d&c please help!!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2013, 04:45 PM
    Don't take advice from strangers on the Internet - if you don't trust your Physician's judgment you need to get a second opinion
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 3, 2013, 05:08 PM
    Did you have a vaginal ultrasound?

Maybe the technology is different now, but when I miscarried around 7 years ago, I was told that the heartbeat couldn't be detected until 10 weeks at the earliest, but more likely at week 12, even by ultrasound. I went to my doctor at week 11 because of bleeding, he checked for the heart beat, and found none, but it wasn't a concern as I was only at week 11. That's when I was sent for an ultrasound, and I found out my baby was not viable. I should mention I had 2 children before this loss.

I have read that vaginal ultrasound can detect the heartbeat earlier, but it's hit an miss, and at week 6 I would say that I wouldn't take this as a definite that you need a D & C.

Get a second opinion. That's what I would do. But I'm not a doctor.

This link may help a bit.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...3spJVYXlvey_Lg

Good luck.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2013, 08:43 PM
    Defiantly get a second opinion. Depending on what type of ultrasound you have had, as the above answer has said. There are times where the heart beat is not able to be picked up. My wife had a vaginal ultrasound at 6 weeks, and showed a heart beat but she ended up miscarriage. The thing is you have to do what you feel is right. Why is this doctor pushing a D and C on you. There is no reason for it. Many times even if a miscarriage eminent D and C should be held off and not always necessary. Please get a second opinion and wish you all the best...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 missed periods negative pregnancy tests blood and urine symptoms of pregnancy [ 5 Answers ]

Okay, my last period was on Sept. 15, 2009. It is now December 18, 2009 and I have missed my last 3 periods. I have gone for blood tests and urine tests for pregnancy and every single one has come back negative. I'm so confused! I mean I've been getting pregnancy symptoms like headaches, nausea,...

Lighter periods,pregnancy symptoms,negative pregnancy test [ 2 Answers ]

Ok I need help around last month in August I got a,weird feeling that I was pregnant. My period was about 2days late but it was lighter than normal,I had no symptoms of anything it prolonged for 7days, I then went to having cramps,sore boobs,being really tired! This month my period was 3days late...

No signs of pregnancy, negative pregnancy test, and period three days late. [ 4 Answers ]

My period is three days late now, and I was having cramps like I was going to start it, but then it never came. I've been worried, because me & my boyfriend have had sex unprotected, using the pull out method, & I have been reading about the "pre " thing, & I'm worried I got pregnant by that, but I...

2 weeks late on period, negative pregnancy test, got all pregnancy symptoms [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 15 days late on my pieord, I've done 8 hpt and all come back negative. I have most of the pregnancy symptoms. Can someone help? Has anyone been in this position and been pregnant?

Irregular periods, and pregnancy symptoms, but negative pregnancy test at home [ 19 Answers ]

Hi, Im 19 and I have had irregular periods since January of 09 My last normal period was on Nov 24 of 08 and then I was 13 days late for my period and it was really light. The next month I was only three days late, but my period was barely there. I have been experiencing many signs of pregnance,...

View more questions Search