Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reg_concept Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2013, 11:04 AM
    Expected number of questions to win a game
    Let, a person is taking part in a quiz competition.
    For each questions in the quiz, there are 3 answers, and for each correct answer he gets 1 point.
    When he gets 5 points, he wins the game.
    But, if he gives 2 consecutive wrong answers, then his points resets to zero (i.e. if his score is now 4 and he gives 2 wrong answers, then his score resets to 0).

My question is, on an average how much questions he needs to answer to win the game?
    Please, someone give answer.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2013, 11:52 AM
    Ask Me Help Desk - Announcements in Forum : Homework Help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Expected number of coin tosses to get N consecutive heads ? [ 3 Answers ]

What is the number of expected number of coin tosses to get N consecutive heads when M consecutive heads has been obtained? For example, suppose we need 3 consecutive heads. It is given that in the first two coin tosses you get 2 heads. Now, what is the expected number of coin tosses for getting...

Carnival dart game asking about expected number of darts thrown and expected winnings [ 3 Answers ]

A Carnival game offers $100 cash prize for anyone who can break a balloon by throwing a dart at it. It costs $5 to play, and you're willing to spend up to $20 trying to win. You estimate that you have about a 10% chance of hitting the balloon on any throw. What is the expected number of...

Find the expected number of attempts made and prob of childless after paying 28000. [ 5 Answers ]

A time article sounded warning bells aout fast growing in vitro fertilization industry, which caters to infertile couples desperate to have children. The program charged $7000 per attempt. We will use an average success rate of 1 success in 10 attempts. Suppose 4 attempts (28000) is the maximum...

PS2 game questions... [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me which of these 2 PS2 games are better and more fun to play. Either Splinter Cell or Metal Gear Solid? (Splinter Cell has not come out yet) I want to rent it before buying it, and want to rent the better of the two. I've been told that Metal Gear Solid is a somewhat difficult...

View more questions Search