Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kmills21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 07:41 PM
    Honeywell Chromotherm III
    I have a 12 year old Honeywell Chromotherm III thermostat that is now showing repl batt. I replaced the 3 AA batteries w/new ones. The message was still there. I replaced them with another set. Still no change. I went through this process w/3 new sets of batteries from 2 different boxes. Am I dense or do I need a new thermostat??
    jaisen Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 09:25 PM
    You should replace it anyway now there is a chromotherm 8 I believe now. Try getting the honeywell pro 8000 with a backplate to fit that. Or a new t stat good luck. It's the stat you need to buy another.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 21, 2007, 04:00 AM
    I have a 12 year old Honeywell Chromotherm III thermostat that is now showing repl batt. I replaced the 3 AA batteries w/new ones. The message was still there. I replaced them with another set. Still no change. I went through this process w/3 new sets of batteries from 2 different boxes. Am I dense or do I need a new thermostat??

This and other display problems happen on the old style III Honeywell. I had mine replaced years ago under warranty. Honeywell knows about the problem but I do not believe you will get a warranty replacement because of the age of your t stat

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thesis statement for CP III english paper [ 1 Answers ]

I need help writing my english paper. My topic is "The sicking of the Edmund Fitzgerald". My teacher gave me one but I can't find any information on it. He said that I should do it on safety standards, ship design, and how it changed the industry. But I can't find anything on it at all!:eek: ...

Honeywell chromotherm 3 thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I have a programmable honeywell chromotherm three thermostat that started acting up late last night. It normally displays the current temp and time. Now only the current time is displayed with a -AC following. I cannot get any heat or fan only or ac function. I do not have the manual for the unit...

Maytag fridge not cooling III [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Maytag Model # MTB1956GE* the freezer seems to be working fine but the fridge has stopped cooling. The unit was also making loud noises like a "popping" or banging noise. It almost sounded like someone inside the fridge hitting the side of the fridge. I think I heard the compressor kick...

Windward III ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

I recently purchased a Windward III. My house has a highly sloped ceiling. The canopy that comes with the fan would not work because it was for a normal flat ceiling. I went back to Home Depot and purchased the 2 canopies that they carry for sloped ceilings. Neither were large enough to contain...

View more questions Search