Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    israr123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2013, 11:59 AM
    What are your professional development priorities for the next 12 months
    VWhat are your professional development priorities as a teacher for the next 12 months
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2013, 12:06 PM
    I assume this question is for an interview for a teacher?

I would suggest something like this:

"First, I intend to fully participate in all of the training, professional development and other meetings offered. I also look forward to working with more experienced teachers, and learning the techniques that they have mastered and found effective. Of course, following district curriculum will be important and I hope to reach out to other teachers teaching the same or similar curriculum for their specific advice.

I do not want to re-invent the wheel, so will be looking to you (or name the person if you're not speaking to the principal) to learn your expectations, as well as more senior staff and supervisors such as my department chair. Once I am up to speed and accostomed to the curriculum, school and district policy and the like, I expect more of my own personality and ideas will come together in support of the established expectations and boundaries, and bringing a personal touch to the material to make it come alive for my students."
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 2, 2013, 01:58 PM
    If you already teach there, I think they may want a one liner about continuing teaching credits.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maintanance of knowledge, skill and understanding professional development [ 1 Answers ]

What is the meaning ofmaintanance of knowledge, skill and understanding professional development?

The principals which underpin professional development [ 1 Answers ]

Describe the understanding of professional development

What do you consider to be the most important priorities in a person's education? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm doing a project on this question and I would like to know your opinion. Thank you.^_^

Controlling or Poor Priorities [ 7 Answers ]

Hey all, I'll try to keep this a quick questions... I am torn in my mind about my current situation. I cannot decide for myself whether my actions are selfish, due to poor priorities, or whether I am in a controlling relationship and my mindset has been altered, causing this self-doubt (if...

Priorities at work vs personal life [ 4 Answers ]

I have been working as a very senior manager and have built a very successful brand in an upcoming industry. But the work timings were close to14 hours everyday without a break and though I was very successful I started feeling very low and was constantly depressed as my 5 year old son was being...

View more questions Search