Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gberwin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2013, 07:41 PM
    5 day headache from alcohol
    I get headaches lasting 5 days from alcohol consumption. I know this because I won't have them for months as long as I don't drink. Once I try to drink even 1 beer sure enough I get a headache that will last 5 days. It's not painful and more of a dull sensation along the back of my neck but it prevents me from being able to multi task and therefore impacts my ability to work. Anyone have this same problem ?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 1, 2013, 08:50 PM
    Sounds like you could be allergic to alcohol.

Headaches from drinking too much alcohol are common. Alcohol dehydrates you, and that can cause a headache.

Of course, since you know that drinking alcohol causes headaches for you, the best thing would be to stay away from alcohol. I have the same issue with coffee. As long as I don't drink coffee, I'm fine, so I simply don't drink it.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2013, 09:07 PM
    A few different things can be happening. One might be an allergy to alcohol or whatever the alcohol is made of. Many people get headaches from red wine from the tanins in it. Some people I know can't tolerate tequila and some can't tolerate gin or vodka. Sometimes you can tolerate one type of alcohol and not another. I have bad hayfever and find the symptoms are tripped off by beer, too - weird, but true. I must be reacting to the grains in it.

Dehydration can also be a factor but if it happens with one drink, it's probably not dehydration though.

Alcohol can also be one of the things that trigger migraines. So, if you are prone to migraines, you might have to avoid alcohol if it's a trigger for you.

Many people have a great time without drinking - that's what I suggest. It's cheaper and healthier anyway and you will always have a safe ride home!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can he stop for one day and be alcohol free... [ 1 Answers ]

My ex is trying for contact with my son.. his toxicology results were EtG 110pg/mg and his Faee's were 2.08 ng/mg. He openly admits to drinking at least 12/15 units a night and a lot more at the weekend, the court has suggested that if he just abstains for 24 hours before a contact visit that he...

I woke up dizzy and had headache all day [ 0 Answers ]

I woke up dizzy couldn't even stand.I ate drank water.. still nothing helped now I've had a headache all day in the back of my head.tylenol is not helping.. what could be wrong

I get a debilitating headache the day before my menstrual cycle. [ 1 Answers ]

Every month on the day before my period starts I get a headache that is so strong and painful I can't function and nothing I do or take helps. Any suggestions on how to ease it? Does anyone else experience this? Is it normal?

I had a drug/ alcohol test at work the day after I had 2 glasses of wine with dinner [ 9 Answers ]

I had 2 glasses of chardonney sun eve around 6 p.m. Went into work on mon. and they were doing random drug and alcohol tests (etg). My job has a zero tolarance. I am not worried about the drug test at all. But, the EtG makes me nervous. I am a middle aged woman that is slightly overweight. They did...

View more questions Search