Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jrichbell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2013, 09:30 PM
    ADjusting Kohler Low Boy Toilets
    I have two Kohler Low Boy Toilets. One works fine, the other seems to continually run very slightly. When I hold the ball down to manually fill the toilet, it will shut off---otherwise it seems to run very slightly for five minutes or more. How do I adjust the water flow valve?
    scott53715 Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Apr 1, 2013, 05:59 AM
    Sounds like the 'Ballcock' the device that allows water to fill the tank and then shuts off is the culprit. It needs to be repaired or replaced. When it makes noise or fills for minutes at a time the flow has been restricted by debris and worn seals. Shut off the water to the toilet. Drain the tank. Remove the water supply line and then the ballcock. Some mistakenly refer to it as a fill valve, which actually is the part that allows water to move from the tank to the bowl and cuts off with a flapper. Take the ballcock with you to your local hardware store. Kohler 'lowboy' type toilets are not as tall as the most common replacements. Take yours with you to match it with a good replacement. Its not a very difficult job. I'd recommend replacing the water supply line at the same time. There are a variety of different Kohler ballcocks, and rebuilding them is an option; but availability of parts can be a problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are there any toilets with low water level bowls? [ 4 Answers ]

I am a older gentleman with well hung testicles. I would like to have a toilet that has a low water level so they are not hanging into the water and other satuff when I have to sit on the toilet. Is there anyone who makes such a toilet?

Are Kohler Class Six toilets 10 [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a Kohler Class Six toilet that has a black cylinder in the middle, not a flapper system. How can I tell if I bought the right toilet, is it a 10" rough-in or a 12" rough-in? The condo that I live in was built in early 2006, so I assuming I bought the right toilet for a 12" rough-in. ...

ALL of the toilets in house have low water in bowl and low pressure... [ 0 Answers ]

All of our toilets seem to be running on low water in the bowls. The tanks are full. I see no leaks. You have to flush several times to even get toilet paper down sometimes! Then the water slowly leaks out until there is less than half the amount of water. My husband replaced the flapper (wrong...

After market parts for Kohler 81100 pressure-clean flushometer tank system toilets [ 1 Answers ]

I know that Kohler stopped selling these toilets in 1996 when the manufacturer went out of business. Kohler says that no parts are available. Does anyone know of a third party manufacturer making parts that will work?

Low suction in toilets [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have any ideas for low suction repair in toilets before I call the plumber. We have two that are getting worse.

View more questions Search