Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 31, 2013, 10:00 AM
    Bath mixer tap
    Finally I have a problem for you guys.

Same function but different design to this one.
    Right for temp and left for flow, pull for shower.
    Even with the temp full HOT the water is barely warm.
    Am I correct in thinking there's a washer/valve in the temp side that needs replacement or adjustment ?
    Any advice would be great...

Cheers..
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Mar 31, 2013, 10:18 AM
    Assuming you have sufficient hot water at other faucets.
    The temperature valve does not really sense temperature, it simply adjust the mix of hot and cold water.
    Turn off water, remove mixing valve, turn on hot water briefly to flush valve.
    Symptoms indicate blockage or debris in hot side.

Inspect valve while you have it removed, it could be a pressure balancing valve that automatically adjust for changing water pressure, but I doubt it. If so it may need to be rebuilt.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 31, 2013, 12:15 PM
    This is very similar to Grohe Temp Tub faucet ( see the pic )

Proceed as follows:

1. Make sure the handle is not loose as loose handle will give you false temp read out. If it is loose already than you have to remove it, adjust Temp as per thermometer read out and reinstall it.

2. If the handle is not loose, than you remove it anyway. Look at the tip of the stem to see whether it is not worn out allowing handle to spin w/o turning the stem. If stem is worn out, replace it.

3. If all appears to be in proper working condition than I suggest you remove the Temp cartridge and clean it under running water. There is a screen and when that screen gets dirty, it mismeasures reading.

4. Remove the cartridge, buy new one, and install it.

The last approach would be my choice as these faucets are very delicate and can get very easily damaged during service.

Back to you / Milo
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 hole bath/shower mixer tap [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Does the spout of a 4 hole tap system have to be in the middle or can the whole unit be centralised.

When I turn my mixer tap on in my bathroom my kitchen tap runs could it need a valve [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn my mixer tap on in my bathroom my kitchen mixer tap runs could it need a valve fitting

Cold water OK in kitchen tap but no hot -mixer tap [ 3 Answers ]

No problems with tap which is a mixer in kitchen, suddenly no hot water but cold water coming out OK. Could this be a build up of lime? And how can I fix it?

Bath Mixer tap [ 2 Answers ]

How do I repair a bath mixer tap when the water is running half into the bath & only half is going up to the shower head? The control for the water to go up the shower head is by pressing down a ring on the bath tap just at the bottom of the hose leading to the shower head.

Thermostatic shower ony works when I turn on an off the bath mixer tap? [ 4 Answers ]

I changed a like for like thermostatic shower which is powered by a pump. However when I switch on the new shower the pump does not kick in, unless I turn on and off either the bath or basin taps? Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem could be?

View more questions Search