Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    molliemooemoeoe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2013, 01:44 AM
    Dwarf hamster
    What's the best type of dwarf hamster to get? Chinese russian syrian robo? help.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 31, 2013, 11:20 AM
    It depends on how experienced you are with hamsters, what you're looking for in a pet hamster, and how much time you're going to spend with the hamster.

Syrians are the most common hamster, and the easiest to tame. Russian dwarfs are more aggressive, harder to tame.
    Joanna 2012 Posts: 17, Reputation: -2

Jun 13, 2013, 04:11 PM
    The black bears, panda get really tame as well as long as you follow their advice of not picking up the hamster for a week

My experience with dwarf hamsters is they can be nippy
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 13, 2013, 04:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Joanna 2012 View Post
    The black bears, panda get really tame as well as long as you follow their advice of not picking up the hamster for a week

My experience with dwarf hamsters is they can be nippy
    Just fyi, the black bears, pandas, are all syrian hamsters. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New dwarf hamster, need help!! [ 8 Answers ]

I've always loved hamsters, especially the small ones. I had hamsters for pets when I was 6, but that was really the last time I dealt with them. I recently just got a fancy dwarf hamster, and I'm not sure how to go about dealing with it... It can't be more than a month old, as it was recently...

Dwarf hamster [ 4 Answers ]

I bought two of these hamsters got to give them both some love and one was dead with its face bitten and its eye gone do you have any suggestions please x x

What is this bump on my dwarf hamster? [ 0 Answers ]

I have had my dwarf hamster, mashka, for about 5 months, & she was about 3-4 months when I got her. A week and a half ago my friend was playing with her when she felt a hard lump on mashkas right side, kind of under her. Today I saw mashka stretch against her glass cage, & I saw that the bump is...

I just had a dwarf hamster, how do I take care of her best? [ 1 Answers ]

I know I'm not supposed to touch her or so for the first days, & put toys in her cage. I'm just worried she doesn't like her new home, and that she may die from stress or things like that. She sometimes stares @ me like she wants attention but when I put my hand close to her (without touching) she...

Dwarf hamster has strange bump [ 5 Answers ]

I have a dwarf hamster named surgar. I've had her since July of 2008 and she's been healthy and happy. About a month ago I noticed that she had lump to the side of her stomach. I was worried but tried not to think anything of it. Ever since then, it grew really big to a point where it looks almost...

View more questions Search