Ask
    NayLuv Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2013, 08:46 PM
    Feminine hygiene
    Should I be concerned if I have a odor and clear like discharge
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2013, 09:24 PM
    Clear discharge is not problematic but odor means something is not right. If you just shower regularly there should not be an odor.

You could be developing a yeast infection.

I would not recommend douching because if you do have an infection, it can make it worse by forcing the infection up into your body. Perhaps try over the counter medication for a yeast infection and see if it resolves the problem. Otherwise, just see your doctor.

Probiotics can be helpful for preventing yeast infections by maintaining healthy "good" bacteria levels in your body. It is particularly beneficial to prevent yeast infections and stomach upset when you take antibiotics to use probiotics too - you can take probiotic pills or just eat yogurt with active cultures daily.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 30, 2013, 10:25 PM
    Do not take over the counter yeast infection medication, unless you know for sure that you have a yeast infection.

You stated that you have clear discharge (that's normal) and an odor (what sort of odor?). Unless it's a foul odor, vaginal discharge can have a scent, which is also normal. A foul odor on the other hand, is not normal, and indicates that something is wrong. Do you have vaginal itching?

If you're worried about this than see your doctor, as we can't diagnose online, and I would advise that you don't self diagnose either. See your doctor if you're concerned.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Feminine problems [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 15 and I haven't had my period in over 3 and a half months, also I have a slightly strong feminine odor. What should I do?

How can I be more feminine? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a boy who likes to dress up in women's clothes and be girly. I want to go out and experience the world as a woman I am quite girly but I would love to act and be more feminine the way I walk, talk and not look artificial. I look good in a dress. I love everything girly.

Is pepperoni masculine or feminine? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a french quiz and I don't know if pepperoni is masculine or feminine!

View more questions Search